Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #21
_J_
Chalk Rebel
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine

Yea, at work I had to go through the explanation phase too. "Why aren't you eating anything?", "Is that all your'e going to eat?", etc. Then, when I adding weight, I got to explain why I was eating a half dozen eggs for an afternoon snack, why whole milk is good for you, why it is ok to eat carbs, etc. As Soldier points out, those conversations almost always go to dieting, and they say "I could never do that", they tell me what I'm doing isn't healthy, or they explain their diet (which is clearly not working).

Yet they marvel when I tell them that I LOST 2 pounds while on vacation in Florida (a coworker was complaining about having gained 7 pounds on a week's vacation). That's b/c even though I was eating "junk" on my vacation (plenty of fish, fried food and beer), I still wasn't getting in the total calories that I was used to. So even though I wasn't exercising at all while on vacation, I still lost weight.

I've always been polite when asked about it, but it does get tiresome. Now, I try to avoid the subject entirely. The bottom line for me is that most of my coworkers, particularly those that want to lose weight or get in better shape, lack the will power, motivation, and drive necessary to achieve their goals....but I don't tell them that, instead I say "you get out of it what you put into it."

"You're right, you can't do this. That is why you're fat and I'm awesome."--LOL. I want that on a T-shirt.
_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links