Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gym rules (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7672)

storm1507 10-22-2011 08:18 AM

Gym rules

Our new gym is gettting very close to opening. I've been asked to make a list of rules for the wt lifting section. The more brains behind the process the better, so asking for everyone's ideas.

My first thought is to make the list short and easy to read/understand.

Thanks for any help.

BendtheBar 10-22-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storm1507 (Post 182836)

My first thought is to make the list short and easy to read/understand.

I think that's the best route.

Let me think....

Rack + Wipe are the first two that come to mind.

Abaddon 10-22-2011 08:34 AM

Please Unload and Return Plates When Not In Use.

Mr.Silverback 10-22-2011 11:53 AM

Leave Your Ego At The Door

Kuytrider 10-22-2011 01:29 PM

No curls in the goddamn squat rack :mad:

ONpump17 10-22-2011 01:34 PM

The Private Gym Bill of Rights

If I ran a gym, then anyone that left plates unracked would be kicked out on the third strike. Also, If a plate is around or on the piece of equipment someone is using, it's expected you ask for it. FFS At my old gym (commercial gym, first place I went to after school weight room), I would get to a squat rack, figure exactly what plates I needed, and gather them all. Then leave to re-fill my water bottle, come back, and one of the elusive 5s or 10s would have walked away, leaving me to glare at said rude person's back (if the were too far to chase down) and then search high and low AGAIN for another pair of whatever the thief stole.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuytrider (Post 182896)
No curls in the goddamn squat rack :mad:

Squat and power racks would be strictly for power and olympic movements, unless you're doing something with more weight than the preset barbells. So, if they're curling 65 lbs, and someone needs to squat, they move. If they're curling 135+ ...then they may stay.

bruteforce 10-22-2011 03:20 PM

Not so much a written rule as a policy. No complaining about reasonable levels of noise. Its hard to make a good rule about noise levels, but it should be obvious what is and isn't acceptable. Screaming for 10 minutes before and after a lift is a bit excessive. Any noise made during a taxing lift other than loud swearing should be acceptable.

I frequently get reprimanded for making too much noise when deadlifting and power cleaning. My argument is that its impossible to set 400+ pounds down quietly and I drop the bar down into a hang before setting it down when P/Cing. If I threw it down to the ground from above my head, I could see an issue, but this is what effort sounds like.

Off Road 10-22-2011 06:13 PM

"if you get injured because of your own stupidity, don't come crying to the management."

jslep 10-23-2011 08:19 AM

1.be respectful to all members

2.no muscle tanks may be worn unless you have 20" guns

austin.j.taylor 10-23-2011 10:56 AM

your mother doesnt live here, put your own plates away and clean up your own chalk

be courteous to everyone, you were a beginner at some point

use the racks for what they are intended for

act like an asshole, expect to get treated like one.