Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My secret bicep building workout (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7655)

BendtheBar 10-20-2011 07:02 PM

My secret bicep building workout

Just having a little fun...

I realized today why I am able to build my arms without arm work. I work my arms loading plates for squats and deadlifts.

Chillen 10-20-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 182380)
Just having a little fun...

I realized today why I am able to build my arms without arm work. I work my arms loading plates for squats and deadlifts.

You dont see skinny guys, running around with big arms. Or, see arms largely disproportionate to the rest of the body (with the exception of stupid site injections), which common sense, says, that the facilitators of ALL upper work (the arms), grow in size as body weight increases and work the larger muscle groups of the body. It just makes sense, that the facilitators of the larger muscle groups of the upper body, will grow in strength and size as the larger muscle groups are trained.

Keep loading the plates, bro! :) :)

Kuytrider 10-21-2011 01:12 AM

I have noticed that my BB curls are more or less static even as I make progress in compound lifts. I'd say it's down to fatigue because when I do my one sessions of curls a week, I have completed 3-4 big lifts. The only direct tricep work I do are weighted dips, the bench and shoulder press give plenty of stimulation. Arm work is fine, but only after hitting legs, chest, shoulders and back.

Shadowschmadow 10-21-2011 06:34 AM

I didn't look at first, but was wondering who started this thread... Isn't there some kind of unwritten rule about trolling your own website?

BendtheBar 10-21-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuytrider (Post 182428)
Arm work is fine, but only after hitting legs, chest, shoulders and back.

Absolutely.

I don't want my post to sound anti-arm work. It just struck me last night that I do quite a few 45 pound plate curls each week.

T-Bone 10-21-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 182453)
Absolutely.

I don't want my post to sound anti-arm work. It just struck me last night that I do quite a few 45 pound plate curls each week.

So do I...loading that leg press with 16 plates gives me a nice little "upper" day, when I'm working the "lower".

BigJosh 10-21-2011 10:38 AM

I work my biceps by sitting in front of the mirror at home and flexing them over and over and over and over again.

Abaddon 10-21-2011 10:38 AM

^I gave this a helpful post rating.

BendtheBar 10-21-2011 10:39 AM

Shadowschmadow 10-21-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJosh (Post 182524)
I work my biceps by sitting in front of the mirror at home and flexing them over and over and over and over again.

Dear god, you brought back memories... Horrible memories...

For starters, this is totally true - its too stupid to make up. :( We had a guy come on another forum who insisted he didn't need to workout. He considered flexing every muscle in his body, periodically throughout the day, was enough stimulus. IIRC, he called it his lazy man's routine, but took it very seriously. He actually argued it so much that he ended up getting banned from the forum. The stupidity was unbearable.

No doubt, this guy had issues.