Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #11
PCT
Max Brawn
Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 5.75 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: DB Presses
Fav Supp: Purus Labs Amino.D
PCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributor

I superset zumba with pilates and the weight falls off brahz
PCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #12
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Never ceases to amaze me how many people believe that a workout is a magic weight loss bullet. There is this myth for many that if they only find the right workout, the weight will drip off.
After nearly 30 years of exercise, there is one thing I know - the more I exercise, the hungrier I get. Weight loss is about self-control, not workouts.

The diet is King.

The workout is the Queen.

The are forever the married couple.

There is no doubt one can lose "weight" just setting up a calorie deficit, and not perform any workout activity. This stands on the proven basic principles of "weight loss" (emphasis on weight loss). Once a person learns the basics on how to calculate their personal calories, and then create a calorie deficit, a certain level of self discipline/self control are REQUIRED. No amount of crying, or boo hooing, or depression, etc, will change this fact.

It is this very thing that derail many despite their personal diet/fitness knowledge and no matter how many times they fail and return, the basic principles will be there waiting for them as before, and this is one of the first lessons one experiences; however, the aforementioned context does an injustice:

To the power of manipulating the workout to the circumference of the diet to solicit an improved/increased response dependent on the personal goals and/or problems experienced such as: tissue loss plateau's, lowering/emptying glucose storage in conjunction with a calorie deficit, and losing the last few pounds of unwanted tissue, to the ones that are personally knowledgeable and self disciplined.

To the self disciplined, diet and workout manipulation are the kingdom, while diet is sitting as king, and workout as queen. We have to remember that the body adapts very well and having these two to manipulate is paramount to ones success.

The results one obtains will be in direct symmentry to being able to apply what has been learned

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 07-06-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:33 AM   #13
Gower
Banned
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Gower Gower Gower Gower Gower Gower Gower Gower Gower Gower Gower

The best workout for fat loss is to cut some diet from your routine and then add some balance diet chart. And you will see some good results.
Gower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #14
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gower View Post
The best workout for fat loss is to cut some diet from your routine and then add some balance diet chart. And you will see some good results.
you're an idiot.

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #15
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Care to elaborate this makes no scence to me?

Sent from my Epic 4G with Tapatalk
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
Care to elaborate this makes no scence to me?

Sent from my Epic 4G with Tapatalk
He's a spammer.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #17
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Good morning peeps! Hope this day finds you all well!

My point in the other post, is that with the experienced, and knowledgeable, we KNOW the workout (with the disciplined) can compliment/enhance the effects of the diet by having just a basic understanding of how calories and macros are utilized in various forms of exercises, and how/where and approximate how much macros are stored in the body (note: carbohydrates), and how these can be manipulated through workouts.

Quote:
Weight loss is about self-control, not workouts.
I understand the context I believe you are putting this in, boss, but standing on its own, I would only partially agree with you.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 07-07-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #18
Wlfdg
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 34
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Snatch
Fav Supp: Elk
Wlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent Volume View Post
Calories in calories out.
Pre-Paleo I lived by the kcal in/ kcal out theory.
Since going Paleo and having been able to walk around at < 10%BF while eating well in excess of my mainatainance kcals I now believe food choices are more important.
I also believe that there are specific foods that even in a kcal defecit will stall fat loss. Dairy products seem to be superior at this. Nature designed milk for massive tissue increase at an accelerated rate.

Although I firmly stand by "No one can out train a poor diet" I think that there are tricks in training that can create a greater metabolic effect towards fat loss, ie. Tabata Protocols, strength & power circuits, etc....

"There's no such thing as shaping and toning. Only stronger and weaker." -Mark Rippetoe
Wlfdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #19
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfdg View Post
Pre-Paleo I lived by the kcal in/ kcal out theory.
Since going Paleo and having been able to walk around at < 10%BF while eating well in excess of my mainatainance kcals I now believe food choices are more important.
I also believe that there are specific foods that even in a kcal defecit will stall fat loss. Dairy products seem to be superior at this. Nature designed milk for massive tissue increase at an accelerated rate.

Although I firmly stand by "No one can out train a poor diet" I think that there are tricks in training that can create a greater metabolic effect towards fat loss, ie. Tabata Protocols, strength & power circuits, etc....
Agreed, but most overestimate the importance of the other stuff to try and trick their body into losing fat without having to actually control their intake. Advanced trainers understand and can use synergy in their diet and training protocalls, but the average person needs to start at cals and work from there, using exercise to support a quality diet.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #20
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Vitality, Wlfdg good posts.

I don't know the full reasons behind why these extended routines work better, but frankly neither did the natural bodybuilders of the 40's and 50's yet they were done to good effect pre-contest. Just like the natural muscle building training methods are being dug up from the 40's and 50's the fat loss/pre-contest stuff deserves it's due too.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote