Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Important or not? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623)

LOFer 09-02-2009 03:32 PM

Important or not?

OK, taking MuscleandBrawn at his word, I have a question that might seem trivial but, I have a feeling it might be one of those "hidden gotchas" for n00bs "like wot I am".

Footwear - there, I've said it...and before you all go off thinking high Heels and all that jazz (I've SEEN some of the threads on this forum!!!:eek:) I am talking about MY footwear for the GYM.

As I am wont to do, I bought a cheap pair of trainers with no sole (not "soul" though the do hum a bit) cushioning but, do any of you guys have any hints/tips or best buys for footwear for working out?

Is it something to think seriously about or not? Am I being a big girls blouse and worrying too much or is it something that can have a positive impact?

That my learned friends, is my opening (and somewhat lame I grant you) opening gambit - sheesh - I feel like the awkward geeky guy at a party full of frat boys! :adore:

By the way - :cheers:

rippednmichigan 09-02-2009 03:37 PM

I believe it's all person to person. You will see videos of guy's doing DL and Squats with no shoes. Personally though I wear a good running shoe, it has all the support I need.

bwys61 09-02-2009 03:39 PM

light and versatile, unless you plan on squatting and deadlifting hard and heavy.

Nike Air Edge is the best crosstrainer that I have ever worn

bwys61 09-02-2009 03:40 PM

I have benefitted from squatting and deadlifting bare-footed, and one of my partners still does.

I like having something between the foot and floor, even if its 1/32"

LOFer 09-02-2009 03:43 PM

Barefoot eh? Not sure I could "pull that off" just yet without looking like a complete wannabee and besides, my feet look like the appendages of the bastard child of a manatee and an elephant ;) Nike Air hmmmm....

BendtheBar 09-02-2009 03:49 PM

If you deadlift, you want a shoe like Chuck Taylor's...something that doesn't lift you off the ground. But if you're not deadlifting, I would just get a comfy, stable shoe.

And don't worry about your feet...mine look like bricks with appendages.

bwys61 09-02-2009 03:51 PM

get you some of them spring-heeled shoes............

BendtheBar 09-02-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwys61 (Post 4202)
get you some of them spring-heeled shoes............

Can they help white men dunk?

bwys61 09-02-2009 03:53 PM

not a snowballs chance.........

glwanabe 09-12-2009 06:36 AM

I was wearing Chucks for a while, but the soles of my feet were always sore.
Since I was interested in doing the Oly lifts, I bought proper Oly lifting shoes. Best money I ever spent. For my needs these fit the bill nicely.