Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:31 AM   #11
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
If you deadlift, you want a shoe like Chuck Taylor's...something that doesn't lift you off the ground. But if you're not deadlifting, I would just get a comfy, stable shoe.
What he said. I wear Chucks. Slightly bigger than necessary. It's the next best thing to barefooted. But if your workout isn't squat/deadlift intensive, then a good cross trainer will do just fine.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the board!
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 07:47 AM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I was wearing Chucks for a while, but the soles of my feet were always sore.
Since I was interested in doing the Oly lifts, I bought proper Oly lifting shoes. Best money I ever spent. For my needs these fit the bill nicely.
You have a link at all to that style of shoe. I would be curious to see it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:49 AM   #13
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
You have a link at all to that style of shoe. I would be curious to see it.

YUP!!

I bought them in my normal size, and they are just snug without being overly tight. They really help when doing overhead squats, or snatch lifts.

VS Athletics> Main Section > Dealers > Dealer Apparel/Footwear
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:58 AM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
YUP!!

I bought them in my normal size, and they are just snug without being overly tight. They really help when doing overhead squats, or snatch lifts.

VS Athletics> Main Section > Dealers > Dealer Apparel/Footwear
Thanks. I always wanted to try overhead squats, but my basement gym is only about 7 feet

Old 09-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #15
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Air Hockey Average Champion! Football Frenzy Champion! Yahtzee! Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

i wear a pair of asics wrestling shoes, same idea as the chucks.... no heal, it helps me not to lean forward as much when doing deads and i also wear them when squating... but this is just my opinion.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #16
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Thanks. I always wanted to try overhead squats, but my basement gym is only about 7 feet
Overheads look so easy till you try one for the first time. Start with an empty bar to start. You will be amazed at the what you feel as you go down. Then try to press the bar in the down position a few times.

I learned a whole new level of respect for oly lifters after doing that.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #17
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

I wear Puma's they dont lift you up too much and they are super light and still comfy. Plus you can workout and then go for a jog or go to the gym and shoot some hoops. All around a good shoe for fitness.
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Overheads look so easy till you try one for the first time. Start with an empty bar to start. You will be amazed at the what you feel as you go down. Then try to press the bar in the down position a few times.

I learned a whole new level of respect for oly lifters after doing that.
Someday I'll get to try them. The pressing in the down position sounds freaky hard.