|05-05-2011, 12:57 PM||#1|
Bearded Beast of Duloc
50 Million Gym Memberships
50 million US citizens have gym memberships. Only 10 million use them.
* Fitness is a $17.6 billion industry that has doubled in size in the last 10 years.
* The U.S. is home to 23,500 health clubs and the number grows each day!
* Health club memberships nationwide are 48 percent male and 52 percent female.
* The average health club member has an annual income of $76,000.
* The average health club member attends their club 92 days per year.
* Personal training is the most widely used health club program.
* Cardiovascular equipment is the top area of expansion in U.S. health clubs.
* Even with a flood of publicity and medical research pointing to physical fitness as the solution, nearly 90% of America has yet to join a gym.
|gym, memberships, million|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The Million Big Gulp March - NYC - 07.09.12||DieselWeasel||General Board||12||03-25-2013 01:56 PM|
|26 million Americans now have diabetes||BendtheBar||Low Carb & Paleo Diet||2||04-20-2011 08:09 AM|
|41 million on food stamps||BendtheBar||General Board||7||10-08-2010 10:48 AM|
|NPC Makes $2.4 Million in 2008 as Non-Profit||BendtheBar||Muscle Building and Bodybuilding||5||01-28-2010 10:33 AM|
|27 million Americans on antidepressant drugs||BendtheBar||General Board||3||08-04-2009 05:03 AM|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|