Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #11
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Speaking of going nowhere fast. They have more tv screens than they do weight bars. Fail.

And only one dining table (in the pic anyway) where's everyone else gonna eat their pizza?

With treadmills like that, they could start the indoor Gymlympics starting with 30 runners all in a row on treadmills.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #12
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

I hate you planet fAtness!
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
And only one dining table (in the pic anyway) where's everyone else gonna eat their pizza?

That's where the sales dude sits you down, so you can see all the in shape cardio bunnies and feel envy.

At Gold's Gym locally the sales table is right across from the wide screen TV-a-thon and the endless cardio bunnies. There are no hairy men or chalk to be found.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

My membership runs me $32 a month. I got it years ago by waiting until they had a promotion and having a discount through my job. I did not pay a membership fee and, at this point, can cancel at any time (since my 2 years is up).

I am probably in the minority, but knowing that I am paying even a dollar a day keeps me going in there so that I get my money's worth (I am there 20+ days in a month if all goes well). And I get travel passes to use at other gym when I am out of town.

The offices here are along the main room, but don't overlook anything spectacular. There are some huge guys that lift here in the afternoons and evenings, but that is not when I am there (although you can sometimes see the aftermath in the mornings). I joined at that time (mistake, always join at the time you plan to train) and have been pleasantly surprised at how relatively empty the gym is in the mornings.

Most people don't have the dedication to get up and go to work each day, let alone train. I used to have limited equipment at home. It was too easy to sleep in.