Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Useful Stretches (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5711)

5kgLifter 03-26-2011 05:28 PM

Useful Stretches

I haven't seen this one before and it looks very useful, so I thought 'd share:

Do we have a thread/section for stretches and such?

big_swede 03-26-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 125258)

Do we have a thread/section for stretches and such?

Dont know but we should have! Great Idea!

BendtheBar 03-26-2011 07:04 PM

We can sticky this in the general fitness forum.

5kgLifter 03-29-2011 05:17 PM

This is more along the lines of mobility, but it still falls under "stretching" IMO and I reckon a good number may find it useful, ignore the title of the vid :D

dmaipa 03-30-2011 12:21 AM

I've been really focusing on stretching during and after my workouts and feel they have been helping me immensely. Good sticky

5kgLifter 05-02-2011 01:45 PM

Calf cramp - relief:

A simple, quick technique, that you may not have come across before, for easing off cramp in the calf muscle; it works and it is instant.

It's slightly different to pulling back on the toes which is the normal remedy for calf cramp and oddly doesn't work for what seems like an eternity.

Instant Muscle Cramp Relief

5kgLifter 05-12-2011 01:51 PM

Quadratus Lumborum Stretch

5kgLifter 10-16-2011 03:18 PM

Hamstring stretch back to full functionality

If anyone needs a stretch for pulled hamstring muscles, which allows you to get back into workouts quicker:

I hope this description works

1) Stand
2) Bend knees slightly
3) Bring chest to thighs
4) Clasp hands around thighs
5) Very slowly start to straighten the legs up, but stop as soon as you feel any pull.
6) Back-off the movement slowly (i.e. allow legs to bend slightly more at knee to release pull on hamstrings)
7) Repeat stage 5 again
8) Repeat stage 6 again
9) Repeat stages 5 and 6 a few more times
10) end at a stage 6 move and release clasped hands
11) Stand upright

*4) If you follow the above, at your own body's pace, eventually you'll be able to clasp hands around the back of the knees and slide clasped hands down the calves as you extend the legs.

Doing the above, daily, you will notice that the muscles will improve quickly everyday, as long as you do not rush the procedure in any way; the hamstrings will also not have had time to tighten up whilst they have been injured and recovering.

I did the above with excellent results after badly pulling both hamstrings doing the splits (long story, I think I got cramp whilst manouvering), and it didn't take long for them to be fully functional again.

Hope this has and will be helpful :)

Jen 04-07-2012 01:02 PM

Hip flexor stretch ideas?

5kgLifter 04-07-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen (Post 230844)
Hip flexor stretch ideas?

Here's one: