Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine
Default I don't believe you...

Went to the gym today and was stopped by a trainer there who I've had a few conversations with. Today he asked me what I'm taking. He mentioned I look like I loss weight and look leaner, and was wondering what supplements I was on. I told him what I am taking. Creatine, cause it was free, and yohimbine when I remember to take it hahaha. I told him I'm mostly just eating healthier. Then he goes and asks me what else? Told him that's all. But he continued to ask me what else. He was like you don't take a preworkout supp? No. You don't take any whey protein? No. You don't take any prohormone stuff? No. Fat burner? Only when I remember to take
my yohimbine.

Pretty much the guy thought I was lying to him and was giving me some major attitude. I ddnt let it bother me, but sometimes people just get too caught up with thinking that supplements do everything with gaining Muscle or fat loss. Like many of us here at MAB feel, it's all about hard work, dedication, and making that decision for success. I'm not against taking supplements. If I had the funds for them or a supplement sponsor then i'll be good. But during my journey presently I'm seeing that a smart nutrition plan is where it's all at.
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaipa View Post
Went to the gym today and was stopped by a trainer there who I've had a few conversations with. Today he asked me what I'm taking. He mentioned I look like I loss weight and look leaner, and was wondering what supplements I was on. I told him what I am taking. Creatine, cause it was free, and yohimbine when I remember to take it hahaha. I told him I'm mostly just eating healthier. Then he goes and asks me what else? Told him that's all. But he continued to ask me what else. He was like you don't take a preworkout supp? No. You don't take any whey protein? No. You don't take any prohormone stuff? No. Fat burner? Only when I remember to take
my yohimbine.

Pretty much the guy thought I was lying to him and was giving me some major attitude. I ddnt let it bother me, but sometimes people just get too caught up with thinking that supplements do everything with gaining Muscle or fat loss. Like many of us here at MAB feel, it's all about hard work, dedication, and making that decision for success. I'm not against taking supplements. If I had the funds for them or a supplement sponsor then i'll be good. But during my journey presently I'm seeing that a smart nutrition plan is where it's all at.
Thats spot on the classic bodybuilders didnt take musch either just had good diets and they were in pretty good shape

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I don't take much of anything, unless it is given to me. I buy whey protein for convienance while I'm at work, and a quick morning meal if I'm running late.

Off to eat some eggs.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Protein, creatine, fish oil, a multi, D3,and BCAA's during training and when losing weight.

Don't really need more than good food.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

When people used to ask me how I got in shape, I used to tell them I ate chocolate...I think they'd much rather hear what they want to hear even if it's supplement related; they all seemed happy to think chololate was the answer I think I forgot to mention all the weight lifting though
Old 03-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

everyone is searching for those magic beans...............let me know if any of you guy's find any.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #7
Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 4 years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

If I had a dollar for every time someone just starting out wants to pay lots of money on a mulitude of supplements they dont know how to use and what they are for, then I would be a very rich man!

IMO it looks badass to eat more food in a day than most people eat in a week

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
everyone is searching for those magic beans...............let me know if any of you guy's find any.

Beta-Alanine. It really does make a positive difference for muscular endurance.

But that's not going to replace hard work, not in any way. It's just something I believe allows me to push for that extra rep when I need it..
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #9
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Same here. I'll use something if I get it as a gift or something, but I don't go out of my way to buy any supplements.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I couldn't afford supplements for 20 years. I like experimenting now that I have some extra cash.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote