Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #21
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Welcome to MAB Vit.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2011, 11:50 PM   #22
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

I've really enjoyed reading this, and look forward to more about your 'hard food' diet and your training regimen.
definitely subscribed! And welcome to the forum Don!

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #23
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Yikes sounds like a long night. Hope it went well.

Im off to work.

TTYL.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #24
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

You are in awesome shape, very impressive transformation by the looks of things mate... Regardsless of your age
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Always in for another member of the geezer brigade.
So how old do i have to be to join ???

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #25
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I've really enjoyed reading this, and look forward to more about your 'hard food' diet and your training regimen.
definitely subscribed! And welcome to the forum Don!
Thanks for the Welcome!

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #26
Chillen
Max Brawn

Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
You are in awesome shape, very impressive transformation by the looks of things mate... Regardsless of your age

So how old do i have to be to join ???

Carl.
Thanks, Carl

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 02-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #27
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
Yikes sounds like a long night. Hope it went well.

Im off to work.

TTYL.
Hope work went well, Wes.

How are things today, young man?

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #28
Chillen
Max Brawn

Default February 12th, 2011, Thoughts for the day (1)

As irrigators lead water where they want, as archers make their arrows straight, as carpenters carve wood, the wise shape their minds.”

YOUR HEAD IS YOUR LEADER: its like screwing in a light bulb: Twist your mind INTO YOUR GOAL, and IT WILL LIGHT THE HELL UP!

(LOL, just dont let it POP!)

THIS IS WHAT ITS ABOUT! ROCK ON, BE HARD, BE MOTIVATED, LOOK AT YOUR GOAL, SEE YOUR GOAL.........

.....and walk up to it and SMILE, and snicker at the same time, and rip its face off!

If you fall 5 times, get up 6 times, the trick is getting back up: As staying down is just that, your gonna stay down and get no where, but getting back up, gives you another chance to head butt its @ss. GO BROTHERS

Seek and you shall find: There are many paths one can take in a journey and many forks in the road. But, when you properly educate yourself in the goal you seek, this will allow you to learn which fork to take and lead you to your goal.

As you get advice, remember this: There are no bad bodily feedbacks in my opinion whether its negative or positive. The negative portion may not be the one you wanted, but its feedback and SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING, and how you handle this can determine alot of different things on your journey toward you goal.

================================================== ========

WES Stands for:

W: Willpower

E: Encouraged

S: Strength

Live up to your name, WES. Attitude is everything. Life has a way of providing us with whatever we're expecting it to provide, whether positive or negative. How we approach each day, our attitude, makes all the difference in how we experience life and in how well we respond to life's challenges.

You have the all the internal fruits within your personal attributes to build good roots and I salute your pursuit. May a good attitude always be at your side as an asset to your intelligence.

If you get down on yourself, watch out brotha..........

Your mind control implant seems to be malfunctioning. We'll get that fixed up in no time. The men-in-black at your door from the big black SUV are there to help you.

You won't remember any of this.

But you will be better.

“Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.”

Its not the muscles in your body, that make you go to the gym. Its your soul, spirit, and mind capacity (your backbone), that leads you there.

Quotes of the day:

Vision:

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

(Oscar Wilde)

"Vision looks inward and becomes duty.Vision looks outward and becomes aspiration.Vision looks upward and becomes faith.”

(Stephen S. Wise)

A vision is not just a picture of what could be; it is an appeal to our better selves, a call to become something more.”

(Rosabeth Moss Kanter)

Want:

“When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it.”

“When we think of failure; Failure will be ours. If we remain undecided; Nothing will ever change. All we need to do is want to achieve something great and then simply to do it. Never think of failure For what we think, will come about.”

(Maharishi Mahesh Yogi)

“Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be.”

(Henry David Thoreau)

(My favorite Philosopher)

And, Vitality's breif thoughts for the day (well, maybe not breif, I am an old wind bag, sometimes):

View box and Persona, By Vitality!

Though the stimulants within the circumference of the atmosphere may be different as we mature and age ; whether you are holding the gun in hand, on the lap, or by the head, or throw it away, is based on your CHOICES and DECISIONS you make (in the "context" we are speaking).

There are some variables in life we have no control over, but the wisdom is knowing the difference between them.

Your perceptive view, attitude, and subsequent reaction, to the recognized things you can change and things you cannot change, can make an impeccable distinction between your internal emotions and the circumstance(s) and subsequent feedback and/or consequences; internally being able to separate attitude, perception, potential reaction, WITH acknowledging just how powerful ones emotions can define and manipulate each of the aforementioned.

Recognize that emotions can and will try to be functional in decisions and reactions: Some emotions are impulse related, stimulated by circumstances and/or atmosphere, some emotions are more personal related to opinions, feelings, beliefs, personality, and other associated human functions.

BUT: Emotions can LIE and tell you the TRUTH.

Example:

You know you "shouldn't do something" (your brain is being logical, this logic is based on a "premise", say your weight loss goal), but strong emotions kick in in favor of the event or become twisted, as does some memory, and atmosphere stimulants, that tend to favor the unwanted action that your logic has factored against): your emotions just lied against your logic inference, and you WILL pay a PRICE in the result.

Subsequently when you get finished with the event your logic was against, this happens:

The logic fundamentally stays the same going from "I should not do this" to "I shouldn't have done that", but the emotions do a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: Going from: " euphoria " "desire" "anticipation" (strongest feelings), "slight depression" (guilt potential) (weakest), to: " Lined Depression" ," Anger", "Some Heavy Guilt", "Despair",----as the emotions now have become on par or in line with the logic against the action--after the fact, and this without adding in any "Biological Factors" that may or may not exist (feeling of dehydration, headache, loss of energy, etc.)

Thus emotions can carry over a "disease" effect on some other factors such as attitude, demeanor, and "overall internal feeling" , and can effect other decisions, that same day or subsequent days following the "bad" decision. How much and how long depends on "subject matter on decision" ----and the internal "VALUE" it opposed.

In my opinion, everyone has a separate "View Box" from which all emotional stimulants, biological factors, brain perception, and personality traits and functions, feed into. These aforementioned stimulants, perceptions, factors, traits, and functions, feed into YOURSELF, and thus determine your decision.

If you can separate your "view box" (yourself), from the various stimulants, perceptions, factors, traits, and functions, (lets call these: "Persona"), and feed these independent but sometimes "washing machine mechanisms" of the persona into your "view box", and then let your "view box" equate this to the "value" you have placed on a "subject matter", you WILL win more than you will lose (and most of the time when you in fact view things like this, when you in fact lose, it is "usually" a situation you had no control over, or was limited in some fashion).

You are going to have to take this "view Box" and "POLICE" your "Persona" correctly in conjunction with your "want-o-meter" level of your personal goals, young man, and control the "meter" correctly. And, it is this VERY THING, that fails many persons: we all have variable environmental factors that influence us.

Put your "view box in control", and when other factors inside you wreak havoc, pull from strength, desire, passion, WILL POWER, or any other stimulus you can view, and raise the fricken' "want-o-meter" to the level necessary to maintain your path:

And, THEN when this is done ENOUGH, you can take your "view box" and allow a lowering of this same meter and not hurt your goal path. UNDERSTAND?!

Do these "PERSONA'S" control you or do YOU control them? THIS IS THE QUESTION.

SINK THIS IN YOUR HEART:

Anything (or most things) that are NOT worth achieving--are easy to obtain. Think about it. Most persons all they have to do to gain weight (or get fatter) is EAT (how hard is that? For most persons).

Most things that are worthwhile to obtain are the HARDEST but one in which can bring the most satisfaction (i.e. deficit dieting, training and adapting to responses given by the body).

Each day that you achieve and win your mental battles you win, and brings you one step closer. Each day that this occurs, has an accumulation effect that will creep up on you, and before you know it, your there. And no feeling in the world will overcome the daily feeling you get once your there.........Rock on today.

================================================== =======

I wish all on the forum the best today.

I hope you are one step closer to your personal goals.

We are tough, we can not be conquered.......

Vitality!

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 02-14-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #29
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitality! View Post
Hope work went well, Wes.

How are things today, young man?
Things are going very well today. I think the flu is officially going away. And i felt pretty good at work today with regards to my other health issues.Plus im sore as hell from my workout the other day and im LOVING THAT!

How are things with you today my friend?

(im reading your other post now)
Old 02-12-2011, 09:06 PM   #30
Chillen
Max Brawn

I wrote this quite some time ago, but its true today. Read it carefully.

We are all Dangerous Convicts, because of our personal convictions.

The Dangerous Convict

(By Vitality!)

For a long time, I sat in sorrow
I thought there was no tomorrow.

I am SICK and believed I was mentally THICK.

Then it CLICKED.
I removed all internal CONFLICT.

I knew I possessed the super-human powers to achieve.
I chose to believe.

I became remarkably TOUGH and I learned I had the STUFF

I became STRICT and a diet and fitness ADDICT

I enclose myself in a jail without BARS, sucked-up all of my battle SCARS

I will not FAIL. I have given myself no BAIL

I have no key to let me OUT. I do not DOUBT

I am the "Dangerous CONVICT"

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168: