Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Ridiculous Habits Guys Have in Gyms – Part 1

Ridiculous Habits Guys Have in Gyms – Part 1

by Daniel Aipa (Dmaipa)

Ridiculous Habits Guys Have in Gyms ? Part 1 Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Quote:
The Spotter

The guy is standing behind the bench press and about to spot his friend. While he is giving his a friend a lift off he is staring at his arms in the mirror. Lift off. Then while his friend is lifting he still staring at himself flexing his traps a little, pulling up his sleeves a little, and tilting his head side to side. Here’s a thought. Cut that crap out and be a spotter.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

One bad spotter habit I recently heard about was aguy who kept grabbing the bar and racking it for someone who didn't need it. It was like
"Don't grab it until I tell you to!"
"But it looked like you were having trouble?"
"Yes, it's ****ing heavy, that's the point."
Trevor Lane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Oh yes, the guys with "Imaginary Lat Syndrome". They're everywhere. And they always make me LOL.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I love the guys that walk around like Tom Platz, as if their legs were 20 inches larger than they are.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I love the guys that walk around like Tom Platz, as if their legs were 20 inches larger than they are.
That's kind of along the same lines of the Invisible Lat Syndrome guys. "I'm so pumped I can't even put my arms down when I walk!" No, dildo, you can't put your arms down because your man boobs have finally slid down under your armpits.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Old 09-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
That's kind of along the same lines of the Invisible Lat Syndrome guys. "I'm so pumped I can't even put my arms down when I walk!" No, dildo, you can't put your arms down because your man boobs have finally slid down under your armpits.
Very true. They usually go hand in hand. Oddly enough, you don't see many competitors at competitions doing this. But you do see some audience members strutting, as if to say...

"If I were on stage, things would be different..."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-16-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #7
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
im right here, you dont ahve to hurt my feelings like that!
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
Um, not you. Your traps are bigger than my youngest child.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
If you went to a competition, you'd have to sit in the back row, or else we couldn't see the stage.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:50 AM   #10
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Um, not you. Your traps are bigger than my youngest child.
aww dont make me blush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
If you went to a competition, you'd have to sit in the back row, or else we couldn't see the stage.
haha im 5'6" i dont take up much room.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote