Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Training while sick (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391)

BendtheBar 07-28-2009 05:30 AM

Training while sick
 
Do you train when sick? With a cold? flu? Other?

And should you train while sick?

I train when I have a mild cold, but on heavy illness days, I park myself in front of the TV and watch movies. No training for me.

BRaWNy 07-28-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

I train when I have a mild cold, but on heavy illness days, I park myself in front of the TV and watch movies. No training for me.
The same for me too.

Training through mild colds or mild injuries etc, I think makes the difference for serious gains and results.

I always feel better at the end of the work out, if I train with mild cold or illness and it passes away pretty fast, but I don't know why.

meagain 07-28-2009 03:57 PM

I don't train when sick if avoidable. Maybe some cheesy stretching or something...

BendtheBar 07-28-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meagain (Post 1735)
I don't train when sick if avoidable. Maybe some cheesy stretching or something...

Do you eat ice cream instead?


Quote:

Originally Posted by BRaWNy
I always feel better at the end of the work out, if I train with mild cold or illness and it passes away pretty fast, but I don't know why.

The same here - especially with colds.

This morning I had a hint of a sore throat (maybe I'm getting sick). But I'm better now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.