Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
AlexBB
Brawn
Points: 820, Level: 15 Points: 820, Level: 15 Points: 820, Level: 15
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

AlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good posts
Default Discomfort in Lower Abdomen when/after Squatting - Hernia?

So I have a little discomfort in the right side of the groin area. I dont feel any lump, everything seems fine from the outside. I started feeling this "sharp pain" 2 days ago while I was squatting (possibly because I wasnt breathing correctly, or maybe I was leaning my torso forward?)
Now the discomfort is starting to go away.

I think that its important to mention that I had the same discomfort 2 months ago, and it healed by itself.

Could It be just an abdominal strain, or do you think its a hernia?
AlexBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Sounds to me like a strain. Does it hurt when you otherwise bend or twist or anything?

When you got the discomfort before, did it come from exercise?

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
AlexBB
Brawn

AlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good postsAlexBB has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Sounds to me like a strain. Does it hurt when you otherwise bend or twist or anything?

When you got the discomfort before, did it come from exercise?
Well to be honest the first time I didnt relate the discomfort with lifting, that time I went to the doctor and he said that it could be "colitis". Last time the discomfort was located in the lower abdomen, now it is a little lower, near the groin area.
And no, it doesnt hurt when I twist
Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

I guess that's why I'm asking, because pain in the abdomen can be from lots of different sources, and muscle pain will (or should) feel different than the pain from colitis or any other issue within the organs. Most of the time, pain in the lower intestines will come in "waves", whereas a muscle pain will be more prevalent whenever you use that particular muscle.

I would pay attention to what you eat, and if the pain comes and goes with food, certain kinds of foods, etc.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Old 07-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Anything hurt to the touch?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
AlexBB
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Anything hurt to the touch?
mm nop. not really
Old 07-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Usually if it's a minor tear it will linger for quite a long time. I don't know a lot about these things, but my guess is that it's not a tear.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Are you male or female? Also, have you noticed any changes to your bowel movements lately? I know sometimes that can seem like an embarrassing thing to talk about, but I AM the resident poop doctor here...

Old 07-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
AlexBB
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Are you male or female? Also, have you noticed any changes to your bowel movements lately? I know sometimes that can seem like an embarrassing thing to talk about, but I AM the resident poop doctor here...
I understand =). Im a male, and no I dont think that hey have been any changes.
Right now Im wondering if I should workout today. what do you think?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBB View Post
I understand =). Im a male, and no I dont think that hey have been any changes.
Right now Im wondering if I should workout today. what do you think?
Ok cool, just ruling out things like endometriosis and other female reproductive area issues.

Again, abdominal pain is so hard to diagnose, even with lots of information interpreted by medical professionals. It could even be "referred" pain, which means that the pain is originating from a totally unrelated area to where you're actually feeling the pain (because of the way the nerves are wired in the body). My best suggestion is to see a doctor if the pain persists and/or gets worse, and don't stop until you get an answer.

As far working out, it's honestly hard to say because I don't know the cause. I would hate for you to strain a muscle more (if that's what it is) or cause undue pressure on your organs if it's something more serious. Then again, it could just be a fart caught cross-wise, and a good squat might just cure that.