Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who here actually does cardio? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3506)

sneezingstardust 06-10-2010 12:40 PM

Who here actually does cardio?

And how much, what types?

Just curious. :)

kman025 06-10-2010 12:50 PM

nice new avi.

i do cardio, just random machines for however i want to do it. i dont do specific intervals, but just out of boredom, i end up doing an interval-ish type cardio.

also, i occasionally do complexes or just a **** load of cleans or something as cardio

onetiredkris 06-10-2010 12:54 PM

HIIT, and sports.

Other than that I don't really do cardio as in high heartrate, I normally stick longer duration/lower heartrate stuff for a more anaerobic workout(jogging,e;lipticals,bike). IMO intense cardio has to high a chance to eat away muscle, even though it is good for the cardiovascular system.

BendtheBar 06-10-2010 12:55 PM

My favorite has always been step ups. Call me an oddball, but I have big legs and I think my billions of days doing these in my teens and 20's helped.

Trevor Lane 06-10-2010 01:01 PM

I try to do the Bear and Farmer's walk 1x a week. I never get aerobic with it though.

dmaipa 06-10-2010 01:16 PM

i try to get in some sort of cardio..but mostly hill sprints, farmers walks, complexes, and other fun stuff at least three times a week. never go for time just go by feel and try to push myself.

when i feel i need to do some recovery i will do some slow steady state cardio.

sneezingstardust 06-10-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 62309)
My favorite has always been step ups. Call me an oddball, but I have big legs and I think my billions of days doing these in my teens and 20's helped.

Haha...those can get brutal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmaipa (Post 62317)
i try to get in some sort of cardio..but mostly hill sprints, farmers walks, complexes, and other fun stuff at least three times a week. never go for time just go by feel and try to push myself.

when i feel i need to do some recovery i will do some slow steady state cardio.

I'm the same way! Right now I'm in my "building mode", and my body just came off of 16 weeks worth of cardio trauma, so the last thing I'm thinking of is boring cardio, haha. I just want to eat, lift, and be lazy!!

But I think if I do cardio during the week, it's going to be "fun stuff", y'know. Like short complexes, or some intervals or something. Or if I don't do any of those, like you said, some steady state stuff...but I think as long as my diet is spot-on, I shouldn't have to go crazy with cardio.

Also, it'll be a nice shock to my body when I cut down again, and start re-introducing more of the stuff :)

dmaipa 06-10-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

I'm the same way! Right now I'm in my "building mode", and my body just came off of 16 weeks worth of cardio trauma, so the last thing I'm thinking of is boring cardio, haha. I just want to eat, lift, and be lazy!!

But I think if I do cardio during the week, it's going to be "fun stuff", y'know. Like short complexes, or some intervals or something. Or if I don't do any of those, like you said, some steady state stuff...but I think as long as my diet is spot-on, I shouldn't have to go crazy with cardio.

Also, it'll be a nice shock to my body when I cut down again, and start re-introducing more of the stuff
yea i know what you mean. I think after 10 minutes of on the treadmill or elliptical im already bored as hell. Just recently started doing intervals on the rowing machine..must say its much different than running. Im a big fan of complexes

big_swede 06-10-2010 01:38 PM

I sometimes take the stairs instead of using the elevator, does that count? =)

IronManlet 06-10-2010 02:03 PM

I don't do cardio, and I'm still lean.

Explain that; cardio bunnies. :D