Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Coopdawg question for ya (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2843)

buZZkiLL 04-12-2010 07:55 AM

Coopdawg question for ya
 
Coop saw your avatar this weekend and noticed you have a six pack going on. Any secrets you can share on you you got it or keep it, or is it all genetics?

CoopDawg 04-12-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buZZkiLL (Post 47184)
Coop saw your avatar this weekend and noticed you have a six pack going on. Any secrets you can share on you you got it or keep it, or is it all genetics?

No its not genetics at all. almost a year ago i was all ribs and bone. I started reading and gaining weight and as i gained weight i was working out hard and heavy at the same time. The weight i was gaining was covering the muscles my training routine was building.

The best exercises for abs are not the ab exercises necessarily. The bench press and deadlift caught my abs on fire. The seem to work best. When i start my bulk again i may lose the abs but i dont care i want more weight. I would rather be big and bulky and not worry about abs. Get big,get strong, the abs will come.

any other questions just ask.

buZZkiLL 04-12-2010 01:01 PM

How much weight did you gain over the last year?

CoopDawg 04-12-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buZZkiLL (Post 47302)
How much weight did you gain over the last year?

i went from 119 to 155. so 36 pounds bro. Milk and peanut butter bro.

BendtheBar 04-12-2010 01:17 PM

Great job. All that and abs too. That is a great accomplishment.

CoopDawg 04-12-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 47304)
Great job. All that and abs too. That is a great accomplishment.

Thanks BTB. It was hell but i gave it hell until the end.

onetiredkris 04-12-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopDawg (Post 47300)
The best exercises for abs are not the ab exercises necessarily. The bench press and deadlift caught my abs on fire. The seem to work best. When i start my bulk again i may lose the abs but i dont care i want more weight. I would rather be big and bulky and not worry about abs. Get big,get strong, the abs will come.

any other questions just ask.


This really makes me want to see how you bench press :march: :march:

And while the fact is that anyone can get a ripped six pack with hard work and diet. Genetics actually do play a pretty large roll in it, some people are just blessed with body that puts fat everyware except their abs.




keep up the good work coop

CoopDawg 04-12-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onetiredkris (Post 47361)
This really makes me want to see how you bench press :march: :march:

And while the fact is that anyone can get a ripped six pack with hard work and diet. Genetics actually do play a pretty large roll in it, some people are just blessed with body that puts fat everyware except their abs.




keep up the good work coop

Thanks bro. Im ready to get back to bench pressing myself

glwanabe 04-12-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopDawg (Post 47303)
i went from 119 to 155. so 36 pounds bro. Milk and peanut butter bro.

Good job on the weight gain to tis point.

When you say benching improved your abs, are you referring to it as a direct effect? Or do you mean an effect of getting stronger, and therefore being able to work harder at other moves? I can see deadlifting, and squatting as a direct effect. Benching, only in the sense of increasing upper body strength in general.

Does that make sense?

As a baseball player, how much do you and your team talk about Rotator cuff injuries, and what moves do you do to strengthen, and condition this area?

CoopDawg 04-12-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 47553)
Good job on the weight gain to tis point.

When you say benching improved your abs, are you referring to it as a direct effect? Or do you mean an effect of getting stronger, and therefore being able to work harder at other moves? I can see deadlifting, and squatting as a direct effect. Benching, only in the sense of increasing upper body strength in general.

Does that make sense?

As a baseball player, how much do you and your team talk about Rotator cuff injuries, and what moves do you do to strengthen, and condition this area?

It made my abs stronger as you said benching is not a direct effect like the deadlift is. Makes alot of sense bro. I like your reply you have alot of knowledge about this kind of stuff. And we talk about it alot. We try and strength the muscles around the cartiledge in the shoulder to make the rotator tighter and harder to injure. Hope this makes sense


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.