Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WTF?! I work out on a empty stomach (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2700)

MMA Max 03-28-2010 02:21 PM

WTF?! I work out on a empty stomach

And I am strong as ****, I work out with a Pre Work out and I'm not? So far I have done this a couple times and I am not only stronger but I can work out longer and harder?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

kman025 03-28-2010 03:39 PM

i have weird things like this happen to me too, yesterday i had hardly eaten and some how hit a bench PR

CoopDawg 03-28-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMA Max (Post 43058)
And I am strong as ****, I work out with a Pre Work out and I'm not? So far I have done this a couple times and I am not only stronger but I can work out longer and harder?

same here i would always work on empty stomach and eat big after

BendtheBar 03-28-2010 04:45 PM

I only drink whey protein all day and always have good workouts. I can eat virtually nothing all day (did so on the Warrior Diet for a couple of months) and lift strong and long.

I know some people have no energy if they do this, but I have no issues. I chalk it up to genetics/good luck/etc.

CoopDawg 03-28-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 43115)
I only drink whey protein all day and always have good workouts. I can eat virtually nothing all day (did so on the Warrior Diet for a couple of months) and lift strong and long.

I know some people have no energy if they do this, but I have no issues. I chalk it up to genetics/good luck/etc.

can weight still be gained that way

bwys61 03-28-2010 04:55 PM

its all relevant to the time of day that you work out, and sometimes even what you have had the night before.

On an empty stomach, the muscular system isn't battling with the digestive system over energy expenditure.

Morning workouts can be done on a completely empty stomach provided nightly nutrition is adequate.

bwys61 03-28-2010 04:55 PM

what pre-workout?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMA Max (Post 43058)

BendtheBar 03-28-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopDawg (Post 43117)
can weight still be gained that way

Possibly when you're young and eating a daily surplus. But I wouldn't push my luck. I lose muscle on this approach, but still gain strength.

CoopDawg 03-28-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 43127)
Possibly when you're young and eating a daily surplus. But I wouldn't push my luck. I lose muscle on this approach, but still gain strength.

okay thanks bro

ricka182 03-29-2010 08:32 PM

It all depends on what you consider an empty stomach...no solid food, no Pre drink, nothing? and still getting good results? F' it man, stick with what works best for you. I don't have any huge meal before I eat.. last solid food is a handful of peanuts about 90 minutes prior, and then I have a Pre shake with carbs and BCAAs, but no other food until about an hour after I lift. I have a whey shake fills that PWO gap...