Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:43 AM   #11
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Ya, not a god damn thing except coffee in my Belly, That's it!

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 AM   #12
Donkeyballs
Brawn
Points: 726, Level: 14 Points: 726, Level: 14 Points: 726, Level: 14
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Donkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
can weight still be gained that way
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Possibly when you're young and eating a daily surplus. But I wouldn't push my luck. I lose muscle on this approach, but still gain strength.
Actually yes you can gain weight. I've been doing morning workout for the past 10 weeks, basically empty stomach each day. Only thing I'll take before workout is 1-2 LG sciences E911 tablets to give me a bit of a boost. Now I have been taking some 'supplements' to help me during this 10 weeks. And right after working out, will usually take in close to 80g protein. with taking 200-300g per day.
Donkeyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeyballs View Post
Actually yes you can gain weight. I've been doing morning workout for the past 10 weeks, basically empty stomach each day. Only thing I'll take before workout is 1-2 LG sciences E911 tablets to give me a bit of a boost. Now I have been taking some 'supplements' to help me during this 10 weeks. And right after working out, will usually take in close to 80g protein. with taking 200-300g per day.
Like I said, as long as you're on a calorie surplus you can gain weight.

But we had been talking about the Warrior Diet approach DB, and that makes it darned near impossible to eat a surplus or gain any muscle. My response was to Coop's asking about my approach.

Training on an empty stomach implies that you could have eaten earlier in the day. The Warrior Diet is a form of intermittent fasting. Just wanted to bring this point up for anyone reading that's not familiar with the WD.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #14
Donkeyballs
Brawn
Points: 726, Level: 14 Points: 726, Level: 14 Points: 726, Level: 14
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Donkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good postsDonkeyballs has made some very good posts

Quote:
Like I said, as long as you're on a calorie surplus you can gain weight.

But we had been talking about the Warrior Diet approach DB, and that makes it darned near impossible to eat a surplus or gain any muscle. My response was to Coop's asking about my approach.

Training on an empty stomach implies that you could have eaten earlier in the day. The Warrior Diet is a form of intermittent fasting. Just wanted to bring this point up for anyone reading that's not familiar with the WD.
Maybe I need to pay more attention - lol. Never heard of this Warrior Diet before, gonna go look this up. Thanks for the info bro.
Donkeyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:30 AM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeyballs View Post
Maybe I need to pay more attention - lol. Never heard of this Warrior Diet before, gonna go look this up. Thanks for the info bro.
No problem. Hope I didn't sound like a school teacher. The WD is pretty much eating little to nothing all day, and eating all your calories at one meal. There's more to it then that, but that's a good recap.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #16
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

I had my last dinner the night before at 8pm, went home with my girl and had some late night cardio and then got up around 10 and went to the gym after having coffee. Like I said, when I do this I am strong, even when I go to MMA, I am fast like LIGHTING!

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Archery 2000 Champion! Fish Eat Fish Champion! Power Driver Champion! Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion! Penguinoids Champion!
Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
No problem. Hope I didn't sound like a school teacher. The WD is pretty much eating little to nothing all day, and eating all your calories at one meal. There's more to it then that, but that's a good recap.
That's what I thought...eating only enough to keep you from going insane all day, good foods only..then essentially stuffing it down at dinner, but using an order of foods..like veggies before meats or something like that...
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 AM   #18
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Depends on the person, really.

I'm absolutely useless when it comes to morning workouts of any kind.
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #19
SwollPuppy
Brawn
Points: 317, Level: 6 Points: 317, Level: 6 Points: 317, Level: 6
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

SwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality postsSwollPuppy has made some quality posts

I had a trainer who always recommended that I workout 3 hours fasted. He never wanted me to have a shake or something before the workout. His reasoning was this - you can have a workout based on calories, or a workout based on hormones.

In a caloric workout, you're using whatever is in your glycogen stores. That's probably where those pre-workout shakes come into play. Your body will use that as energy to get you through the workout

In a hormonal workout, you're pretty much using adrenaline to get you through. You're forcing your body to find the energy. It's tougher to get a workout started that way, but a hormonal workout will be more intense.

He would use the caveman example to justify this. If a hunter hasn't eaten for a couple of days, that doesn't mean that he says he can't hunt because there's nothing in his system. If anything, he will work harder to make the kill. Survival response. I've never heard of the Warrior Diet before, but it seems to follow the same concept (you would probably have the most food after you had worked out/made the kill).

There might be some truth in this. All I know is that ever since I tried working out on an empty stomach, I've never gone back to having pre-workout shakes. I definitely don't feel weak while I'm working out.

Last edited by SwollPuppy; 05-06-2010 at 05:33 PM.
SwollPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwollPuppy View Post
In a hormonal workout, you're pretty much using adrenaline to get you through. You're forcing your body to find the energy. It's tougher to get a workout started that way, but a hormonal workout will be more intense.
Good post.

I have to admit, I've been eating very light during the day for over a year and a half now and I never have strength issues. I also feel more aware and awake during the day.

The Warrior Diet is right along these lines...you feel awake like a hunter until you get your kill.