Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #1
big_swede
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!
Default Swedes thread of shenanigans

Random opinions and thoughts I want to share. This forum is not what it used to be, bringing back the mab spirit.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:29 AM   #2
big_swede
Max Brawn

big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Okay guys a small rant. Why are people deadlifting in their sbd kneesleves!? I cant figure it out!
Old 06-01-2016, 03:26 PM   #3
miked96
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
miked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite member

I always get the bar caught on the lips of my sleeves every time I tried it.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:53 PM   #4
fresh290
Max Brawn

Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
fresh290 is a lifting beastfresh290 is a lifting beastfresh290 is a lifting beastfresh290 is a lifting beastfresh290 is a lifting beastfresh290 is a lifting beastfresh290 is a lifting beastfresh290 is a lifting beastfresh290 is a lifting beastfresh290 is a lifting beastfresh290 is a lifting beast

I used to back when I first started lifting again (and before I knew better)... My left knee was so bad that I couldn't go up or down stairs and the only way to keep them pain free was to wear them (and the weight was super low). I couldn't do it now let alone get them on after sweating for a hour haha
fresh290 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:57 AM   #5
fenrisulfr
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Food
fenrisulfr is one with Crom!fenrisulfr is one with Crom!fenrisulfr is one with Crom!fenrisulfr is one with Crom!fenrisulfr is one with Crom!fenrisulfr is one with Crom!fenrisulfr is one with Crom!fenrisulfr is one with Crom!fenrisulfr is one with Crom!fenrisulfr is one with Crom!fenrisulfr is one with Crom!

I saw a 900 pound deadlift and the guy was wearing vibram 5 finger shoes and rehband knee sleeves. Just like wrist wraps the rules dont say you cant wear them?

Squat 515
Bench 315
Deadlift 570
fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:19 AM   #6
big_swede
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked96 View Post
I always get the bar caught on the lips of my sleeves every time I tried it.
Me too.

Point is I dont see much if any benefit for using sleeves when deadlifting,
Old 06-02-2016, 09:34 AM   #7
LittleRhino
Uber Brawn

LittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributor

Skinny guys with cutoff sleeves bother me. I don't like cut offs to begin with unless doing yard work or going to the pool but skinny guys wearing cutoff a just bother me. And yes I know I'm being judgemental and no I don't care.

Also I'm adding Brett Eldridge to my list that includes Cindy Crosby and Cryle Busch to people whose face just screams "punch me"

I'm just pissed off because I was all excited for my first meet this weekend and I had a softball game Tuesday night and came up with a hamstring injury. I'm pissed at my hamstring for not holding up because it's definitely not my fault for doing something stupid like playing softball the week of a meet.
LittleRhino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #8
big_swede
Max Brawn

Haha good words!
Old 06-02-2016, 03:26 PM   #9
miked96
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25
Training Type: Powerlifting
miked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite member

I don't think your allowed to wear a shirt with any type of sleeve if you lift at a commercial gym.
Since we are ranting. I love the guys with the "look at me" Instagram training journals. The occasional erratic post is always one that includes there most recent PR with vids and how they are "killing it". No effort is made to contribute what training they have been doing to make the PRs so maybe the other members could get some ideas. They just desperately need that attaboy. I guess they are better than the guys that don't have time to keep a journal but give there training advice anytime someone new pops up. Advice could be coming from a WR holder or a guy that only reads about lifting. We will never now.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:19 PM   #10
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Well kids, the Brute is back. Lets get it going. Today I hate people who complain they can't gain weight but won't eat as much as I do when I'm cutting weight.

Also, I hate fat guys like me who bitch about not being able to lose weight. Listen fatty, put down the pizza and go swim a few laps or something. You look like a damn orca.