Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #1
jcgadfly

Training Exp: less than 1
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Back Squat/Deadlift
jcgadfly is off to a bad start
Default My goals in fitness (short & sweet)

All I really care about is having decent blood work and looking better than I did when I weighed 350. At present, all my blood work is normal except for a high BUN. Is that an OK attitude to hold around all you bodybuilder/powerbuilder/powerlifter types?
Old 04-19-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
Knarf Dorsey
Rage against the Age
Brawn

Training Exp: 30 Years
Training Type: HIT
Fav Exercise: Cleans
Fav Supp: Fish Oil
Knarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgadfly View Post
All I really care about is having decent blood work and looking better than I did when I weighed 350. At present, all my blood work is normal except for a high BUN. Is that an OK attitude to hold around all you bodybuilder/powerbuilder/powerlifter types?
I'm not a bodybuilder or powerlifter and my fitness goals are similar to yours and I think it's okay around here. You'll be alright. Good work on your bloods! As far as your BUN, is your protein consumption exceptionally high? Might be a reason.

It's not the weight you use, but how you use the weight.
Knarf Dorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:00 PM   #3
Dray
Max Brawn

Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!

Most on here seem pretty cool with whatever other people's goals are.

Brothers and sisters in iron, all!
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:54 AM   #4
jcgadfly

Training Exp: less than 1
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Back Squat/Deadlift
jcgadfly is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Most on here seem pretty cool with whatever other people's goals are.

Brothers and sisters in iron, all!
I like that idea but I've run into some static in some places because I'm not necessarily in the constant pursuit of "gainzzz". Good to know I'm OK here.
Old 04-20-2016, 07:02 AM   #5
Dray
Max Brawn

Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!

Hm, well, I guess if you're just "flatlining" forever (as a friend of mine is fond of saying, about other things in life though...) some other lifters might be a bit perplexed, or maybe even frustrated in a few cases.

IOW, some kind of progress is generally seen as a worthy goal. A total lack of progress forever (not getting stronger, bigger, better looking, leaner, healthier, faster, or "more something" anyway ) is probably going to get someone's goat, sooner or later. Or maybe, a total lack of even trying will. Yeah, that.
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:35 AM   #6
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Absolutely OK ... Not everybody is a competitive bodybuilder or powerlifter ... If you are making progress in whatever you do ... I don't think anybody should have any problem ... ... As they said ... "Be a better version of yourself what you were yesterday ... "
Old 04-21-2016, 02:54 AM   #7
Nezzy
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef
Nezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machine

I think my main goal from lifting is to be able to eat whatever I want without having to buy bigger trousers.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:59 AM   #8
melvin2345
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Bacon
melvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beastmelvin2345 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Absolutely. You're working to achieve a goal, and that is respected. Each of us has a different goal we are working towards, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Most Recent Meets:
March 21, 2015 - (Write-Up) - 1,409 lbs @ 285 lbs (501.6 squat, 308.6 bench, 600.8 deadlift) - 361.87
August 1, 2015 - (Write-Up) - 1,306 lbs @ 262 lbs (474 squat, 275.6 bench, 556.7 deadlift) - 341.34
April 16, 2016 - (Write-Up) - 1,443 lbs @ 270 lbs (529.1 squat, 303.1 bench, 611.8 deadlift) - 374.59

Next Meet:
August 6, 2016 - Goals: 1,482 lbs @ 270 lbs (540 squat, 314 bench, 628 deadlift) - 384.71
melvin2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #9
fresh290
Max Brawn

Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
fresh290 is a lifting machinefresh290 is a lifting machinefresh290 is a lifting machinefresh290 is a lifting machinefresh290 is a lifting machinefresh290 is a lifting machinefresh290 is a lifting machinefresh290 is a lifting machinefresh290 is a lifting machinefresh290 is a lifting machinefresh290 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2345 View Post
Absolutely. You're working to achieve a goal, and that is respected. Each of us has a different goal we are working towards, and there is nothing wrong with that.

^^ what he said!
fresh290 is online now   Reply With Quote