Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:42 PM   #1
LifeofaFighter
New Brawn

LifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributor
Default Interval training and fat loss

For myself, my coaches and my clients interval training has a huge impact on fat loss with regards to time it takes to see results but also with muscle retention and growth.

Here are a few article that do a great job of covering the topic:
What is peak fitness?http://lifeofafighter.com/what-is-peak-fitness/

Rev up your workout with interval training. http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...g/art-20044588

Complete guide to supramaximal interval training. https://www.muscleandstrength.com/ex...-guide-to-smit
www.LifeofaFighter.com
LifeofaFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
Knarf Dorsey
Rage against the Age
Brawn

Training Exp: 30 Years
Training Type: HIT
Fav Exercise: Cleans
Fav Supp: Fish Oil
Knarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributor

I'm a huge fan of interval training. If fact, it's the only way I train. I don't clock watch, however. Mine is more based on a rep scheme combined with heart rate monitoring without the use of any mechanism - more of a "feel" thing.

It's not the weight you use, but how you use the weight.
Knarf Dorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
LifeofaFighter
New Brawn

LifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributorLifeofaFighter is a dedicated contributor

I hear you on the "feel" approach and love the application of using a heart rate monitor to make sure your work output is placing you in the right HR zone
www.LifeofaFighter.com
Old 10-13-2015, 02:03 PM   #4
LifeofaFighter
New Brawn

There is a few choices and combinations that I like to burn optimal amounts of fat while not only minimizing muscle loss but actually build muscle mass.

By not only implementing a Interval training but also matching your training schedule with obviously the nutrition side is huge but also scheduling when do you implement the Intervals and when do you strength train to increase results is important as well.

No one set plan is ideal because obviously we are all individuals and have different variables factoring in. However a common base line is increasing caloric surplus for muscle growth and increase caloric deficit for fat loss. Now if you can separate weight training days from interval days, you can eat to match a very specific goal on a set day. I have even applied this style weekly, or monthly.
www.LifeofaFighter.com