Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 12-30-2014, 04:19 PM   #1
FSUMike

FSUMike is off to a bad start
Default How do I improve my bench ?

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum from watching steves YouTube channel. I was wondering if anyone give me some tips or program on how to improve my bench press max? I currently weigh 170, about 5"7 and will be 35 this coming year. I can bench 3 sets of 175 about with 6 reps each. Would love to bench press 225 about 5 or 6 reps as my goal. I can do 1 or 2 reps with 225 with someone spotting me. Any help would be appreciated.

FSUMike
FSUMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Your benching 3x6 with 175. How much were you benching 3 months ago, and 6 months ago?
I spend all night scared of tomorrow, only reason I aint killin, suns up, when it gets dark im back to the park, cut through the back im after the heart, creepin through your hallway with a knife, had it all planned, therapist callin me all day, I know you love it when I eat meat, I love it when the brains hit the concrete!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
FSUMike

The same but last year I couldnt do more than 3. Now I can do 6 reps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Your benching 3x6 with 175. How much were you benching 3 months ago, and 6 months ago?
Old 12-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #4
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Are you saying it took a year to double your reps with 175lbs?
I spend all night scared of tomorrow, only reason I aint killin, suns up, when it gets dark im back to the park, cut through the back im after the heart, creepin through your hallway with a knife, had it all planned, therapist callin me all day, I know you love it when I eat meat, I love it when the brains hit the concrete!
Old 12-30-2014, 07:26 PM   #5
FSUMike

yes
Old 12-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #6
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

Have you gained or lost a significant amount of weight in the past year?

How long have you been lifting?

Have you used alot of different programs?

If not, is there a link to your program or could you type it out in a short simple manner? Or just naming it would be fine I can look it up later.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:37 PM   #7
FSUMike

No, I've always been 170s range. I dont know do many programs.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
EliteDreams
Max Brawn

Interesting situation. I assume you have been consistently lifting, not missing several sessions, especially in a row. Im also assuming bench is the only lift this is happening on? Have you progressed better with other movements?

I think im done with the questions
Old 12-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #9
FSUMike

Since 17 I have worked out. Have taken breaks to deload. Lost weight 2 summers ago. Someone told me Im limited because of my small wrist. I once did all dumbbells on chest and it helped but not significant. My other movements have improved. I lift good with my other muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Interesting situation. I assume you have been consistently lifting, not missing several sessions, especially in a row. Im also assuming bench is the only lift this is happening on? Have you progressed better with other movements?

I think im done with the questions
Old 12-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #10
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master memberyangwenbin is a master member

It could be a form related issue. You could post a video, so the bench experts would be able to tell you if your form is correct.
What accessory lifts do you do for your bench press?