Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
GZeolla
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,123, Level: 18 Points: 1,123, Level: 18 Points: 1,123, Level: 18
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: Since 1973 (with breaks)
Training Type: 4 Day Split
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Organic, natural foods
GZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributor
Default I need to pay better attention

I need to pay better attention when I’m working out. Yesterday, when I was done benching, I took the safety bars out of my power rack and leaned them in a corner. When I turned to walk away, one of them fell on my left foot. Ouch! Then on my second set of dumbbell rows, the collar and weights on one end of the bar slipped off and fell on my right foot. Double-ouch!

I think I broke the little toe on my left foot, and have an inch long gash on my right foot, which bled so much I threw away the blood-socked sock. I think the gash occurred by the edge of the collar hitting my foot, with the weights landing on top of it. I taped the little toe to the next toe, and washed, disinfected, and bandaged up the gash. But here’s praying my feet don’t bother me too much, so as to disturb my deadlift workout on Sunday.

If anyone’s wondering why I didn’t go the ER for the broken toe, I broke the little toe on my right foot a few years back. I called my doctor’s office to see if I should do anything about it. The nurse told me:

“You could go to the ER, wait a couple of hours to get your foot X-rayed. The doctor will come in, look at the X-ray and say, “Yes, it’s broken” then tell the nurse to tape the little toe to the next toe, or you can just tape the toes yourself and save yourself the trip.”

To be clear, she did say if it were the big toe, then I would need to go to the ER as that would need to be set.

Last edited by GZeolla; 08-02-2014 at 09:04 AM.
GZeolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
kjetil1234
New Brawn
Points: 130, Level: 2 Points: 130, Level: 2 Points: 130, Level: 2
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

kjetil1234 has made some quality postskjetil1234 has made some quality postskjetil1234 has made some quality postskjetil1234 has made some quality postskjetil1234 has made some quality postskjetil1234 has made some quality posts

Lol. Wish you a good recovery man, be careful!
kjetil1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #3
GZeolla
Banned
Uber Brawn

GZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributorGZeolla is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjetil1234 View Post
Lol. Wish you a good recovery man, be careful!
Thanks.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I once chipped a tooth during upright rows

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
GZeolla
Banned
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I once chipped a tooth during upright rows
Sorry, but I giggled at that one.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
chiroman
Brawn
Points: 667, Level: 13 Points: 667, Level: 13 Points: 667, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: off and on
Training Type: Powerbuilding
chiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good postschiroman has made some very good posts

I dropped a five pounder on the instep of my foot. Pulled a fort five off the bar and forgot the five was on there. It hurt. I also hit myself in the Weiner while doing lateral raises once. I don't even know how I did that one.
chiroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroman View Post
I also hit myself in the Weiner while doing lateral raises once. I don't even know how I did that one.
I laughed so hard I almost pee'ed ha ha ...... and you capitalized wiener..... as in Mr, Wiener...... too funny thanks for this one really needed the laugh.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #8
GZeolla
Banned
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroman View Post
I dropped a five pounder on the instep of my foot. Pulled a fort five off the bar and forgot the five was on there. It hurt. I also hit myself in the Weiner while doing lateral raises once. I don't even know how I did that one.
Given how many years I've been lifting, I'm surprised I haven't dropped a weight on my foot before, but at least I know I'm not alone. On your latter accident, sorry, but that is funny.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #9
GZeolla
Banned
Uber Brawn

In my workout yesterday, my feet hurt some while squeezing into my rather tight wrestling shoes, but once I got psyched and into my deadlifts, I didnít notice the pain at all. And deadlifts went very well.

My feet hurt again while taking off my wrestling shoes and putting on sneakers to do GMs, but again, I didnít notice any pain while doing the GMs, which also when very well.

And yesterday morning, my feet hurt putting on my sneakers to hit my heavy bag, and again this morning while putting on my walking shoes. But once I got going on each, I didn't notice the pain. So I thank God my stupidity didnít affect my lifting or cardio workouts.