Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #21
ScottH
New Brawn
Points: 436, Level: 8 Points: 436, Level: 8 Points: 436, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Dead Lift
ScottH has made some quality postsScottH has made some quality postsScottH has made some quality postsScottH has made some quality postsScottH has made some quality postsScottH has made some quality postsScottH has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanRugs View Post
Wow!! $400 for cycling shoes? Is that mountain biking shoes? I know their sole is flat but slightly raised heel. I have quite slim but long feet, so maybe Adidas lifting shoes are the way forward?
Yep, when I was racing I paid about $400 for high-end carbon fiber soled shoes with a semi-custom orthotic for the road. I wore off the shelf $250 shoes for mountain and cyclocross. When you regularly spend 4-5 hours training you need to make sure your bike and kit fit properly or you're going to suffer. Especially your knees. That's why when I started lifting seriously (for me) I bought the Oly shoes. I don't have any depth or ankle flexibility issues and at 47 I'm going to do every thing I can to keep it that way. In fact, tonight is OHP day on my Wendler 531 plan. I wear the Adidas for the OHP as well as the squat. I bench and deadlift in a very thin soled cheap shoe by a brand called "Superga". They have little to no padding and a very flat sole.
ScottH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #22
JumpmanRugs
Max Brawn
Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28 Points: 2,181, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squat / Deadlift
Fav Supp: Motivation
JumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributorJumpmanRugs is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Yeah, I'm getting a pair of the Reebok crossfit lite PR. It's the shoe that Mark Bell helped design. I was sold after I did some research. Hopefully they work out.

By the way, I should mention that I use special orthodics that are designed to help with my foot pain (plantar fasciitis). They support my arch and also increase the heal rise just slightly in any shoe I use. I even use them when I squat, but it's hardly a raised heal.
Awesome! Hope they work for you dude! LEt me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
Yep, when I was racing I paid about $400 for high-end carbon fiber soled shoes with a semi-custom orthotic for the road. I wore off the shelf $250 shoes for mountain and cyclocross. When you regularly spend 4-5 hours training you need to make sure your bike and kit fit properly or you're going to suffer. Especially your knees. That's why when I started lifting seriously (for me) I bought the Oly shoes. I don't have any depth or ankle flexibility issues and at 47 I'm going to do every thing I can to keep it that way. In fact, tonight is OHP day on my Wendler 531 plan. I wear the Adidas for the OHP as well as the squat. I bench and deadlift in a very thin soled cheap shoe by a brand called "Superga". They have little to no padding and a very flat sole.
Ahhh my boss at work does the same with his cycling stuff, such an expensive sport. He's just bought himself a BMC, it's beautiful but damn it was expensive!

Sounds awesome man! I'm gonna buy myself some chucks I think, I've just been squatting in my running shoes as I find it comfortable, and I don't really have the extra money to spend! One day I will, and this thread has helped me a load with stuff so will see what I can get on offer maybe!
JumpmanRugs is offline   Reply With Quote