Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Treadmill Check In (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583)

BendtheBar 12-28-2009 07:31 PM

Treadmill Check In

Allrighty then...wifey wants a treadmill.

Makes/models that are good, not crap...and approx. cost. What do you have, and do you like it?

DarthPenguin 12-28-2009 07:50 PM

I actually sell these things in the uk (dont worry not a sales pitch lol!!)

Generally the most important things are to look at the amount of people who will use, the time it will be used for, if extra cushioning is needed for joints and what size of deck is needed.

These let you know what is a realistic price for your needs, it might be lower than you think

BendtheBar 12-28-2009 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPenguin (Post 17090)
I actually sell these things in the uk (dont worry not a sales pitch lol!!)

Generally the most important things are to look at the amount of people who will use, the time it will be used for, if extra cushioning is needed for joints and what size of deck is needed.

These let you know what is a realistic price for your needs, it might be lower than you think

Do you know of any models on Amazon.uk that are quality? Our price range would probably be tops 1200-1500 US $$$.

DarthPenguin 12-28-2009 08:01 PM

i'll have a look and get back to you.

most important things are the motor strength if being used a lot and the motor warranty as you'd be scared to see the price of one!

DarthPenguin 12-28-2009 08:15 PM

i sent you a pm with some info, have a look and let me know what you think

rippednmichigan 12-28-2009 08:48 PM

Go with an elliptical, thats what I want.

BendtheBar 12-28-2009 09:03 PM

This elliptical kicks ass as far as ratings...opinions...are they better/worse then treadmills?

Grim83 12-28-2009 10:58 PM

I've got/had an elliptical, treadmill, rowing machine, and stationary bike, imo all suck balls but then again thats why im a lifter not a cardio freak. but as far as ratings go for me

Treadmill- it was ok, but i prefer to run outside so i get somewhere
Elliptical- never liked it, i guess it was the size of my legs, but due to the narrowness of the pedals(?) i always felt like i was going to knock myself off
Bike- go recumbent unless you like to feel like you have something trying to go up your ass. other than that it wasn't "too" bad, but still cardio sucks.
Rowing machine- if i was forced to do "traditional" cardio this would be my pic, and it was kind of fun considering.

Still nothing beats a bar, and complexes replaced cardio in my vocab, well that and farmer walks

onetiredkris 12-28-2009 11:18 PM

i go with an elliptical over treadmills.

were a bunch of big kids here and especially if i were to purchase one i would worry about durability.
but even in the gym i dont really use the treadmills, bothers my knees
i like bikes for HIIT

BendtheBar 12-29-2009 09:00 AM

Thanks guys. I haven't shopped for this stuff in years. unless I can find a decent treadmill for $600, we might go the elliptical route.