Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Challenge Ideas (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15488)

Mercersburgguy 11-12-2013 06:54 PM

Challenge Ideas

Hello, I have a buddy who works for the same company as I do, I live in Pennsylvania and my buddy Lives in Ohio, we both want to get into better shape for Summer. I know losing weight is one aspect of it however, need some ideas on how we can make a good challenge and competition. So PLEASE any and all suggestions are welcome!!!

Sean

Dray 11-12-2013 07:01 PM

I hope you both want to get into better shape for summer, and all summers (and all other seasons) for the rest of your lives. ;)

Anyway, if you feel like competing, why not go for the best 5 Rep Max on barbell squat, barbell bench press and barbell deadlift, and the most non-kipping from-a-dead-hang chinups in a single set... say?

Mercersburgguy 11-12-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dray (Post 426273)
I hope you both want to get into better shape for summer, and all summers (and all other seasons) for the rest of your lives. ;)

Anyway, if you feel like competing, why not go for the best 5 Rep Max on barbell squat, barbell bench press and barbell deadlift, and the most non-kipping from-a-dead-hang chinups in a single set... say?

Great Ideas, I think we can do the Bench, squats I feel is out b/c he has a bad back, maybe do something like dumbell or Barbell pick a weight and see how many curls we can do. Great Ideas.. Thanks.

TDawg75 11-12-2013 10:23 PM

Bodyweight challenges could be interesting. Things like seeing who can bench press/squat/deadlift their bodyweight for the most reps or, if you can't bp your bodyweight, go by percentage of bodyweight. Could be used for most exercises. Leaves two paths. You could lose weight to try and get an advantage, or just take the brute strength path and concentrate on lifting the bejeezus out of your bodyweight. You could even do an assessment in the beginning to see who makes the best improvement.

skids 11-13-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDawg75 (Post 426312)
Bodyweight challenges could be interesting. Things like seeing who can bench press/squat/deadlift their bodyweight for the most reps or, if you can't bp your bodyweight, go by percentage of bodyweight. Could be used for most exercises. Leaves two paths. You could lose weight to try and get an advantage, or just take the brute strength path and concentrate on lifting the bejeezus out of your bodyweight. You could even do an assessment in the beginning to see who makes the best improvement.

That's a cool idear, I 2nd this :ms:.

Mercersburgguy 11-13-2013 05:55 AM

Hey guys keep the great ideas coming! I love the ones I got so far.

5kgLifter 11-14-2013 12:40 PM

You could also make this one challenge a month, just to keep things rolling; so, for example, by the end of month X, the challenge will be to see who can do the most burpees in say 10 minutes.

Pick a challenge to fall at the end of each month with ordinary and challenge specific training occurring throughout the month.

Weaponx25 11-25-2013 01:55 PM

I would say max out on the big three.

Deadlift
Squat
Bench press

Do this once a month and see who has a better percent of increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk