Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine
Default People make me facepalm.

A friend of mine made a post if facebook on how he was not going have any "dirty" food /cheat meals or refeeds for 7 months. Which i guess is a good challenge to try if you were in a surplus.My issue was this is far from optimal for fatloss while retaining lean mass. He is a natural and has no extra hormonal assistance. So i tried to explain to him that depreiving himself of carbs for an extended period of time is going to turn his body against him when his GH, Leptin and IGF-1 and glycogen stores become essentially barren. I explained your body wants to retain a certain level of fat and starts using lean muscle instead and explained how cheat meals and refeeds benfit you on a cut. He refuted it and said refeeds/cheats will only hurt your fatloss goals. So i linked a ton of info from very reputable sources( dr Serrano, Norton, Aragon for example) i am sure he didnt even look at the data, but he retorted with that's for bodybuilders only. I replied with If its " for bodybuilders only" then a bodybuilders goal is to be as optimal as possible, how would that not apply to everyone trying to reach ideal performance and physique? he said i had no idea what i was talking about so i gave up.

Its really frustrating.