Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #11
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
I tried also explaining its not a suffering contest either, just because you made myself suffer more wont mean you get the optimal results in the end..
Excellent point. But that's the result of being continually hammered with the message that 'it's all down to hard work' from when we're in the cot. Pretty soon, you start believing that effort and suffering must inevitably lead to success. it's the Calvinist work ethic gone mad.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
I tried also explaining its not a suffering contest either, just because you made myself suffer more wont mean you get the optimal results in the end..
He should join the Army. They strongly believe that physical training is a suffering contest, and the more it hurts the better it works. Hence the fact that lots of soldiers are weak and injured.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #13
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
A friend of mine made a post if facebook on how he was not going have any "dirty" food /cheat meals or refeeds for 7 months. Which i guess is a good challenge to try if you were in a surplus.My issue was this is far from optimal for fatloss while retaining lean mass. He is a natural and has no extra hormonal assistance. So i tried to explain to him that depreiving himself of carbs for an extended period of time is going to turn his body against him when his GH, Leptin and IGF-1 and glycogen stores become essentially barren. I explained your body wants to retain a certain level of fat and starts using lean muscle instead and explained how cheat meals and refeeds benfit you on a cut. He refuted it and said refeeds/cheats will only hurt your fatloss goals. So i linked a ton of info from very reputable sources( dr Serrano, Norton, Aragon for example) i am sure he didnt even look at the data, but he retorted with that's for bodybuilders only. I replied with If its " for bodybuilders only" then a bodybuilders goal is to be as optimal as possible, how would that not apply to everyone trying to reach ideal performance and physique? he said i had no idea what i was talking about so i gave up.

Its really frustrating.

I agree with everyone else.

Failure is a great teacher.

You can tell someone until your blue in the face, but sometimes its only right until the moment they screw it up and see it for themselves that they realize.

I was tying to show this new engineer we have in the studio at the moment how to hook up the SSL desk we have in the back up to the monitor speakers.
Despite his lack of knowledge on the subject he proceeded to tell me I was wrong in the fact that he'd short the circuit and blow the tweeters in the 860 KRK's he'd hired from his college to learn with.
I told him several times and he ignored me.

He blew them. And now he has to replace them. Next time he'll hook them up how I show him
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote