Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
samW
Brawn
Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

samW has made some good postssamW has made some good postssamW has made some good postssamW has made some good postssamW has made some good postssamW has made some good postssamW has made some good postssamW has made some good postssamW has made some good postssamW has made some good postssamW has made some good posts
Default Fat days

Anyone else on here ever have fat days? Where you feel really fat for some reason? Today is one of those days for me. The outfit I wore today I have worn before but when I look in the mirror I see a person that to me is just huge. as in fat. I hate days like this. How does everyone else deal with them?
samW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

yeah most days
Old 06-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I do a weekly weigh-in, it's enough to keep that sort of thing at bay.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

All my Fat Days end in "Y"
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
All my Fat Days end in "Y"
looks like we share the same schedule!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
skids
Max Brawn
Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Meat, Milk,
skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast

I'm as fat as a seal, always have been. As long as I am strong I can deal with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1000384_592747304098825_1072471488_n.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	9520  
skids is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

There was only one time in my life I thought I was actually fat (which I will breifly explain), and now I just deal with lean related water distribution issues that creep up dependent on what I eat, and how much of what I eat, as I look at it now with a more educated thoroughput.

Several years ago, I weighed a tad over 200lbs (5'7"). Carried the weight pretty close to the traditional average male pattern: Most in lower back, but not too much of a pot belly, though, and had small man-boobies. With this was servere lower back pain, that I just could not explain, because I never had any physical medical issues in the past or any injuries. After seeing a DR and doing some tests, I was simply told to: "unfat myelf"--just like that point blank and to the point, because there was nothing wrong with me. Other than being a "disproportioned" fat-ass.

Within ones journey one learns rather quickly that some people have there views on "your views" on your personal goal wants. I do not rely on anyone. If I need to I seek it, but its rare. I toot my internal heart and this is true motivation, and I do what my heart and body tells me what is right, and not someone else, period. After one weeds through the BS, and gets a thorough grasp of the basics of dietary structure and how it effects training, tissue gain and loss, how certain things effect tissue (and water distribution), one gets a pretty good idea on what it takes, and what is difficult and other things that simply can not be done together (without aide of drugs). The point here, is that when I scheduled a weigh in (within my first goal want) or looked in the mirror after training and dieting for a time, I wanted "educated eyes" looking at myself, as the unknown has caused more harm to an individual than knowing what sort of feedback you are looking at....

In my first goal, I dropped from just a tad over 200lbs, to 152/154 (8% BF), and due to the way I structured the diet (small incremental deficits, and refeeds), it took over one year and half before I was satisfied with the end result.

Next I went on a slow bulking period for well over a year and a half, training and dieting in variable surpluses. Swelled to about 185 or so---back pain came back though I was strong as a bull. I then began a lean down phase, and leaned out to 162/164 and gained a net 10lbs, and about 8 percent BF. Back pain went away the leaner I got. Overall when I was bigger, I just didnt like it. I didnt feel as good, and though I had no physical issues in the lower back or spine, the back pain began creeping up the heavier I got. And, no this was not an absent exercise or over training issue. My body is most comfortable being lean, and its the main reason I stay lean, and do the things I do for overall fitness and endurance.

Next I went on another slow bulk, and cut back to 168lbs, an at 8 percent BF, and I have maintained this position for the past two years or so. When about this lean, on a daily basis...you get to litterally physically see how the food you eat and how many calories of what you eat, effect water disposition (how much water is being held, and where, etc), and just how much carbohydrates effect you physically (when you omitt or lower them for a time), and then reintroduce them to replenish liver storage. No, (of course) I do not think I am fat (lol), but I deal with slightly different issue, which is perfectly normal water shifts, and distribution changes.

At the beginning I set a few goals: 1. Educate my path I wish to take, 2. What personal goals I wanted, 2. What changes I needed to make, 3. What new habits I had to make and learn, and 4. What equipment would I need to assist me. And, right at that time, my wife was going though some serious medical issues, and I decided right then and there, then this was going to be a life-journey, not something temporary (as with anything, if you stop doing what got you there, and do not even maintenance it, you simply lose it, and its a fact of life, one has to get over).

Have educated eyes looking back in the mirror and at the scale, and act accordingly. It will save you alot of distress and heartache.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 06-28-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #8
fatnomore
New Brawn
Points: 918, Level: 16 Points: 918, Level: 16 Points: 918, Level: 16

fatnomore is off to a bad start

I used to have them all the time. Now I have realized that I am not anywhere near as fat as I used to be so I am ok with it.
fatnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
JBrown
Brawn
Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Powerlifting
JBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samW View Post
Anyone else on here ever have fat days? Where you feel really fat for some reason? Today is one of those days for me. The outfit I wore today I have worn before but when I look in the mirror I see a person that to me is just huge. as in fat. I hate days like this. How does everyone else deal with them?
When I splurge and feel fat, for the next day or two I cut out carbs (maybe eat some fruit) and gorge on meat and veggies. Works a charm for me.
JBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #10
Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

I guess I used to. Now I'm just convinced that eating Starbursts and other candies 24/7 will add pure muscle to my body.

Of course, I don't really eat that way- even on my worst of days.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote