Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Barefoot shoes (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13327)

jwood 04-15-2013 06:22 PM

Barefoot shoes

Any body have experience or currently wear minimalist type shoes?

I am looking for so,e new shoes to wear for my random training days and my strongman stuff. Along with using them for sprints.

I am looking at some of the hybrid shoes that have a little support.

Thanks in advance

northernbulk 04-15-2013 06:25 PM

try new balance minimus

5kgLifter 04-15-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 350268)
Any body have experience or currently wear minimalist type shoes?

I am looking for so,e new shoes to wear for my random training days and my strongman stuff. Along with using them for sprints.

I am looking at some of the hybrid shoes that have a little support.

Thanks in advance

I have no experience with them for running but I do use them for DLs. With running, it's recommended that a person breaks in to them gradually, especially if they have been using padded/heeled running shoes, since their running style will tend to be a heel strike style and that's an incorrect running style and will present more joint problems if done in flat footwear.

jwood 04-15-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 350271)
I have no experience with them for running but I do use them for DLs. With running, it's recommended that a person breaks in to them gradually, especially if they have been using padded/heeled running shoes, since their running style will tend to be a heel strike style and that's an incorrect running style and will present more joint problems if done in flat footwear.

Thanks 5kg, I have also read that. Which is why I am looking more at a hybrid shoe. That way I can ease my way into it

I do not run a lot either, just sprints

jwood 04-15-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernbulk (Post 350270)
try new balance minimus

I have been looking at these, they may be the winner

Have you tried them?

BendtheBar 04-15-2013 06:43 PM

Crazy you mention this, but Cody Lundin from Dual Survivor has me thinking about wearing shoes less during the day. I went shoeless at home all day yesterday.

fenrisulfr 04-15-2013 06:47 PM

Have vibram bikila ls. I like them but only wear for deadlift day. I wore them all the time when I got them. The novelty wears off tho.

Hunterace 04-15-2013 06:49 PM

I go barefoot all the time. And for everything cept squats I wear wrestling shoes and love em!

northernbulk 04-15-2013 06:58 PM

Yes I have and there great

jwood 04-15-2013 06:59 PM

Thanks for the responses!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 350281)
Crazy you mention this, but Cody Lundin from Dual Survivor has me thinking about wearing shoes less during the day. I went shoeless at home all day yesterday.

I love that crazy guy. When I was younger I did everything barefoot. In the summer I only wore shoes for baseball. Something to think about.