Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Neck pain (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13239)

angie828 04-07-2013 12:40 PM

Neck pain

Yesterday I woke up with a stiff neck and the pain is driving me crazy. I believe that it is from sleeping wrong, and has nothing to do with lifting. Anyway, I took some aspirin and took it easy for the day hoping that the pain would go away. Nope, this morning woke up to another hurting neck. What do you suggest that I do or take for this? I have never been to a chiro, and will not go. The sound of the bones popping freak me out, and my dad never believed in them, so that is why I have never been to one. What other than a chiro, do you do for a stiff neck?

I WILL 04-07-2013 01:32 PM

You could try rotating between heat and ice. If you can find a good chiro through someone you know it might be worth it. I was always against them, but if you find a good one, you may change your mind.:)

bruteforce 04-07-2013 01:33 PM

Voodoo.

You can go to your doctor and see if they will give you muscle relaxers. Chiropractors have worked to alleviate my neck and upper back pain, but if you don't like them, heavy opiates may be your only choice.

5kgLifter 04-07-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie828 (Post 347104)
Yesterday I woke up with a stiff neck and the pain is driving me crazy. I believe that it is from sleeping wrong, and has nothing to do with lifting. Anyway, I took some aspirin and took it easy for the day hoping that the pain would go away. Nope, this morning woke up to another hurting neck. What do you suggest that I do or take for this? I have never been to a chiro, and will not go. The sound of the bones popping freak me out, and my dad never believed in them, so that is why I have never been to one. What other than a chiro, do you do for a stiff neck?

But popping bones are fun ;) There's a youtube vid which shows how to pop your own neck, I gave that a try and it felt great afterwards. You could also look into how you're sleeping, that's normally the cause, if there are no other underlying physical issues that are causing it; yoga helps too, nothing intense, just the Sun Salutation which takes a few minutes, done once everyday.

hercules455 04-08-2013 08:22 PM

I would really go see a chiropractor. I have issues with my left trap tightening up on me like you wouldn't believe and my chiro does the graston technique to my neck muscles and shoulder at its amazing.

TitanCT 04-09-2013 05:39 AM

i always go to a chiro or a massage therapist first. i literally have a small army of massage therapist friends and one even does accupuncture.

quigs 04-09-2013 02:25 PM

I have always used heat on my neck and it take the pain away. Along with some advil. Or see if your husband could give you a massage.
I do not recommend popping your neck yourself. Did you know that if you do it the wrong way you can paralize yourself?

eggfat 04-09-2013 06:40 PM

Quigs I have heard that as well. I like my chiro that I go and see. I would suggest that you go to place to get it massaged if you do not want to go to a chiro. And add some heat as well. And take ibuprofen too.