Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
RGRthat
Brawn
Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16 Points: 907, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: none
Training Type: Chaos & Pain
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Muscle Marinade
RGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributor
Default Self abuse (am I the only one?)

I work full time, am a full time student, try to be active in my church, and am married so I have a lot of different things that require my time. Last week was Spring break so I had some extra time. I decided to use one of my extra days off to spend way to much time in the gym. Rather than my normal 60 to 90 min workout I spent 3 1/2 hours. I was there so long that my wife asked if she was going to have to sleep alone that night. After that I could barely drive home and had to get my wife to help me put on my socks. Every movement hurt from lifting my arms to standing up, and it was wonderful.

Does anyone else ever just show up at the gym and think "Today I just want to stay here all day" or "I'm gonna work myself over today."
Deadlift 425
Snatch 155
Clean & Jerk 225

Drunk RGR Training http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...-training.html
RGRthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Yes, I like to think its natural

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

I don't like to train for long periods of time, but the whole "work myself over" part? Yeah, definitely. I've never been one to stick around long though. It's only in the last couple months that I've trained for longer than 1 1/2 hours.

Back when I did bodypart splits I would anhihilate my legs. I figured if I was only going to do them once a week I would just fry the crap out of them. Glad I don't think that way anymore!
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #4
RGRthat
Brawn

RGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributorRGRthat is a dedicated contributor

I just had to tell someone who understood what I was talking about. Most people just don't seem to get it. Kinda like if I put "I just felt like spending all day playing call of duty" or something like that.
Deadlift 425
Snatch 155
Clean & Jerk 225

Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #5
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Yes, sometimes I go have a pizza after a couple of hours then back to the weights.

Fun way to spend a weekend
Old 03-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
RGRthat
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Yes, sometimes I go have a pizza after a couple of hours then back to the weights.

Fun way to spend a weekend
That sounds like a fun way to hug a toilet for me. The only thing that is harder for me to handle during a workout than cheese is booze.
Deadlift 425
Snatch 155
Clean & Jerk 225

Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
bgben3
New Brawn
Points: 2,245, Level: 28 Points: 2,245, Level: 28 Points: 2,245, Level: 28
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

bgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good postsbgben3 has made some very good posts

I think its ok to do that every once in a while but definitely not all the time. Your body needs rest also. Especially with the busy day you already have with everything else going on in your life. Good thing is, is that you are young and your body can handle it. I tried doing a 2 workout a day type workout when I was in the Marines. Onces in the AM before marine life began than once in the PM after my day was finished. That didn't last too long. I soon realized that I was doing more harm than good for muscle growth. Just keep in mind that rest is just as important as killing it in the gym. Good luck
NGA Natural Pro Body Builder
bgben3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #8
curlbrah
New Brawn
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

curlbrah is off to a good startcurlbrah is off to a good startcurlbrah is off to a good start

Yes I have overworked myself. I may often think just ten more minutes, which flies by and turns into 45.
curlbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
quigs
Brawn
Points: 596, Level: 11 Points: 596, Level: 11 Points: 596, Level: 11
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

quigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good posts

Most days I am on a time schedule. I welcome the days when I can poke around at the gym and not have to hurry home to do anything This often means doing more work but hey it is fine by me
quigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgben3 View Post
I think its ok to do that every once in a while but definitely not all the time. Your body needs rest also. Especially with the busy day you already have with everything else going on in your life. Good thing is, is that you are young and your body can handle it. I tried doing a 2 workout a day type workout when I was in the Marines. Onces in the AM before marine life began than once in the PM after my day was finished. That didn't last too long. I soon realized that I was doing more harm than good for muscle growth. Just keep in mind that rest is just as important as killing it in the gym. Good luck
It depends a lot on your goals though. Most of us aren't bodybuilders. If my goal was hypertrophy and looks I'd be training completely differently than I train now. I'd probably be training almost every day for around an hour. Instead, I go 4 days a week for 2 hours or more. Just another factor to consider.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote