Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Critique Coop's Squats (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12971)

BendtheBar 03-20-2013 06:39 PM

Critique Coop's Squats

J_Byrd 03-20-2013 06:49 PM

knees coming in a little at the bottom transition, also I would like to see them a little deeper.

Someone is prob going to tell you that you have some butt wink in there, and its bad. I am on the other side of the fence on that one and tell you its not a big deal.

Keep up the great work!

1morerep 03-20-2013 07:02 PM

in addition to J Byrd comment...ck the bar position...bar is too high...lower the bar and keep elbows down and tight...

Soldier 03-20-2013 07:09 PM

Main thing is knees caving. I feel like a broken record on that one, but people keep doing it. Personally I'd coach a slower decent as well. You're not going to drop that fast with a heavy weight, so don't do it with a lighter weight either. Treat every weight like it's heavy, and you'll be ready when it really is.

CoopDawg 03-20-2013 07:56 PM

Steve I appreciate you posting it for me Thankyou. And all the guys that comments Thankyou. I have thoroughly read each comment and made myself a list in my notebook next squat day I will focus on slowing my descent. Pushing my knees out and lowering the bar down farther on my back hopefully I can do this I've always been a high bar squatter. Thanks again for all the replies and keep em coming!

PhillyDev 03-20-2013 08:05 PM

I would also say that you need to sit back more, you're getting a little knees over toes if you know what I mean. Sit back and press you knees out, out of the hole all the way up.

CoopDawg 03-20-2013 08:12 PM

Thanks man. Old habits are hard to break I have squatted this way awhile I will go a few weeks working on my form and perfecting it then hopefully make a new video and these problems will be solved. I want to squat correct and healthy

Soldier 03-20-2013 08:34 PM

Although you COULD sit back more and hold the bar lower, I don't feel they are required. Fazc has preached quite a bit about squatting more knees forward, instead of butt back. Personally, I sit back more and start my decent by sticking my butt back, but both are valid methods.

I do think it's important for people to try different holds. I started high, then came down, then pushed it to see how low I could go, then moved back up to a place in between over a number of years. After all this experimenting I feel like I have a good hold that works very well for me.

Off Road 03-20-2013 08:47 PM

1) Keep your knees spread
2) Pull your elbows forward

Those two things should tighten you right up.

CoopDawg 03-20-2013 08:50 PM

Very valid points there I have to do the proper technique that also works well for me. Thanks fellas. Overall is the form that bad lol?