Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
The Badass
Max Brawn
Points: 6,121, Level: 50 Points: 6,121, Level: 50 Points: 6,121, Level: 50
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: since 2006
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: EGGS & BACON
The Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributor
Default The Biggest Loser on Kinect X-Box 360

I just thoguth I'd give a few words on the 'new craze' that some video games are taking on.

I have tried this 'game' out. For the most part it is all body weight only routines. There is an option to add in resistance bands for certain exercises.

The routine is based on your current level of physical ability that the program can gauge when you set up your profile. You have total control on days per week and time length (60min max) for you routine.

Just like in the show, at the end of the week is a physical challege that pits you against AI contestants. Also there is a weigh in that you must 'be abov the yellow line' or risk elimination. However I feel that part is rigged as the program would want to encourage you to finish out the set length you chose at set up.

My biggest issue with this program is the motion capture. The Kinect Sensor is not perfect. There wer many times where I wold be holding the position or doing the move and it would say I am movign too much when I am holding still or not catch (or count) my moves as I am doing Punch/Jabs.

The program would be good for the couch potato to lose a few pounds but would not be challenging enough for the hard core type like an extreme crossfitter.

Then again....that's just my perspective.
The Badass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links