Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #11
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

We're all here because at some point we decided that what we already were wasn't good enough.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #12
HeidiK
New Brawn
Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

HeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good posts

I agree that if you do not like it change it. Use this as something that you never want to see yourself like again and work hard to change it.
HeidiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #13
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

News flash....almost no one is happy with the way they look, but they can be happy with what they are doing about it!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnotreally View Post
I was looking at some photos my sister had taken of me over the weekend that she posted on FB and I am appauled by how I look. I just do not feel that my body is in porportion as to how it should be. I just look at myself and feel that I could look so much better. Anyone else ever feel this way? And if so what do you do to make yourself feel better?
Some photos I can't stand even at a great weight and look, from time to time a crap photo is taken and that has to be considered as well; if you look tired, the light at the wrong angle, the picture taken from the wrong angle etc...all add up to a cruddy shot.

Worth bearing in mind when assessing photos and what you may really look like in relation to any given photograph.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
IronWill
Max Brawn
Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: Powerbuilding
IronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beast

I always feel that way when I see myself on the webcam. Turning it off usually helps.
IronWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #16
HeidiK
New Brawn
Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16

HeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good postsHeidiK has made some good posts

Ironwill when I see myself on the webcam I do the same thing. I hate how that makes me look. For some odd reason by eyes look really odd in them.
HeidiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #17
mudrunner
Brawn
Points: 1,240, Level: 19 Points: 1,240, Level: 19 Points: 1,240, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

mudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good posts

All you can think of is if you are not happy with how you look then you must work to change it. That is the only thing that will get you to be truly happy is to make a change. Commit yourself to work out and you will see the difference. Start eating better and making small changes and it will impact the way you see yourself.
mudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #18
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnotreally View Post
I was looking at some photos my sister had taken of me over the weekend that she posted on FB and I am appauled by how I look. I just do not feel that my body is in porportion as to how it should be. I just look at myself and feel that I could look so much better. Anyone else ever feel this way? And if so what do you do to make yourself feel better?
Take that picture and make some copies of it. Don't let it offend you, just realize that you don't want to see that anymore. That picture will be the start of a new beginning. Now take those copies, and put one in the kitchen, the gym bag, you desk at work, your nightstand, and your car. These are places where you need to make healthy decisions. Eat right, put the work in at the gym, don't use work as an excuse to snack outside your meal plan, get quality rest, and skip over the fast food while commuting. If you have any other places you know you're tempted to make poor decisions for your goal, more photos. I wrote "Eat Clean" on the back of my hand where I would see it while getting food in the chow hall. Guilted me into making better choices. Hope this helps.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #19
zcluup
New Brawn
Points: 301, Level: 6 Points: 301, Level: 6 Points: 301, Level: 6

zcluup has made some quality postszcluup has made some quality postszcluup has made some quality postszcluup has made some quality postszcluup has made some quality postszcluup has made some quality posts

If you do not like what you see then make an effort to change it. Only you can do this, and it will be hard but you can do it.
zcluup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
Cutty
Max Brawn
Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

I make it a rule to not look at anything that will show my reflection and only on days if I am sleep deprived or not in the right state of mind will I take a picture or actually look at myself. I know it's a little insane, but I know how you feel.
Cutty is online now   Reply With Quote