Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
Sarvpriy
New Brawn
Points: 832, Level: 15 Points: 832, Level: 15 Points: 832, Level: 15
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Sarvpriy is off to a good startSarvpriy is off to a good startSarvpriy is off to a good start
Default HI All - Mentoring and Advice requested

Hi All,

My current wieght is 117Kgs. But it was not like this before i.e. 4 to 5 years back. I use to go gym daily and train hard but after started working in corporate and late sitting issues I started missing GYM!!.
And moreover started with alcohol and other fried stuffs.....
Now I am with 117 Kgs and obese...
I have again made a promise to myself that I will reduce my weight and will start gym again.
I have got Hydro Whey and Hudroxycut with me...Now I need an urgent advice for my diet plan so that I gain lean mass and start reducing my fat..
Sarvpriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Start off by posting up what you are eating now and we can see what we need to adjust.
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

hey brother, good to see you posting

sounds like you need some sort of stable standard by which to begin planning your diet. i'll tell you what i'd do, but i'm not an authority on nutrition or training. if some of the more experienced members chime in with something different, go with their advice.

i'd start by deciding on a goal weight, say 200 lbs. now you can figure out your basic protein needs -- 1 gram per lb. of body weight is a good start, at least. so that's one of your macros figured out: 200 grams of protein.

what about carbs and fat? different people suggest different splits. i've seen 40% carbs, 40% fat, 20% protein. i've also seen 33% carbs, 33% fat, 33% protein. and of course there are lots of radical variations depending on your nutrition goals. let's go with the 2nd one: 33%/33%/33%.

here is a rough estimate of calories per macronutrient:
1g protein = ~4 calories
1g carbohydrate = ~4 calories
1g fat = ~9 calories

so if 200g protein will be 33% of your total calories, then...
33% protein = ~200g = ~800 calories
33% carbs = ~200g = ~800 calories
33% fat = ~90g = ~800 calories

so you're looking at ~2,400 calories total. again, i don't guarantee any particular results with this "plan," this is just perhaps an entry point into beginning to plan your diet. i hope you'll set up a diet and/or a training log so that we can check out the specifics of what you're doing!

Last edited by SecondsOut; 02-21-2013 at 04:18 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
Sarvpriy
New Brawn

Sarvpriy is off to a good startSarvpriy is off to a good startSarvpriy is off to a good start

HI Bro Thanks a ton for your post....currently I am on enclosed diet
6 - 7 = Gym
7- 7:30 = Protien (Hydro Whey)
After taking bath and after atlest one hour to protien shake a Breakfast of Oatmeal or Cornflakes with skimmed milk.
9 - 9:30 = office.
10:30 = Green Tea
11:30 = Green Tea
12:30 = Hydroxycut Elite Cap (One)
1:00 = Lunch (two Chapattis, One Vegitable, Curd and before lunch I ensure that i drink atleast Five glasses of Water.
1:30 = Green Tea
2 - 5 = atleast four to Six Glasses of Water.
5:30 = Green Tea
6:30 = Back to Residence
7:00 = Some oatmeals
8:30 = Dinner (Two Chapattis, One Vegitable)
9:30 = A Small Walk
10:00 = Bedtime
Actually Chapattis are round breads made of Wheat.
Chapatis are made from a firm dough made from flour (whole grain common wheat)
Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #5
Sarvpriy
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
hey brother, good to see you posting

sounds like you need some sort of stable standard by which to begin planning your diet. i'll tell you what i'd do, but i'm not an authority on nutrition or training. if some of the more experienced members chime in with something different, go with their advice.

i'd start by deciding on a goal weight, say 200 lbs. now you can figure out your basic protein needs -- 1 gram per lb. of body weight is a good start, at least. so that's one of your macros figured out: 200 grams of protein.

what about carbs and fat? different people suggest different splits. i've seen 40% carbs, 40% fat, 20% protein. i've also seen 33% carbs, 33% fat, 33% protein. and of course there are lots of radical variations depending on your nutrition goals. let's go with the 2nd one: 33%/33%/33%.

here is a rough estimate of calories per macronutrient:
1g protein = ~4 calories
1g carbohydrate = ~4 calories
1g fat = ~9 calories

so if 200g protein will be 33% of your total calories, then...
33% protein = ~200g = ~800 calories
33% carbs = ~200g = ~800 calories
33% fat = ~90g = ~800 calories

so you're looking at ~2,400 calories total. again, i don't guarantee any particular results with this "plan," this is just perhaps an entry point into beginning to plan your diet. i hope you'll set up a diet and/or a training log so that we can check out the specifics of what you're doing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Start off by posting up what you are eating now and we can see what we need to adjust.
HI please find my currently routine as enclosed.

6 - 7 = Gym
7- 7:30 = Protien (Hydro Whey)
After taking bath and after atlest one hour to protien shake a Breakfast of Oatmeal or Cornflakes with skimmed milk.
9 - 9:30 = office.
10:30 = Green Tea
11:30 = Green Tea
12:30 = Hydroxycut Elite Cap (One)
1:00 = Lunch (two Chapattis, One Vegitable, Curd and before lunch I ensure that i drink atleast Five glasses of Water.
1:30 = Green Tea
2 - 5 = atleast four to Six Glasses of Water.
5:30 = Green Tea
6:30 = Back to Residence
7:00 = Some oatmeals
8:30 = Dinner (Two Chapattis, One Vegitable)
9:30 = A Small Walk
10:00 = Bedtime
Chapattis are round breads made of Wheat.
Chapatis are made from a firm dough made from flour (whole grain common wheat)
Old 02-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

No fats and no proteins. You need some work on the diet. You will, if you have not already, crash you metabolism by eating as you are. I would drop the pills and fix the menu.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
Sarvpriy
New Brawn

@ BAMAZAV...Bro seriously I am in need of some proper guidance because I am not able to rip even one gram of my weight and therefore thought of joining gym so that I can manage to control weight atleast at this stage..
Old 02-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvpriy View Post
@ BAMAZAV...Bro seriously I am in need of some proper guidance because I am not able to rip even one gram of my weight and therefore thought of joining gym so that I can manage to control weight atleast at this stage..
So from my last post, you should have some rough idea of how calories can/should be divided. I'm not sure, but it sounds like you might not have read it? The next step that would enable more people to help you is if you create a list for us of your food sources:

Carbohydrate Sources
1. Food 1
2. Food 2
3. Food 3
4. etc.

Fat Sources
1. Food 1
2. etc.

Protein Sources
1. Food 1
2. etc.

Fill in this rough chart with the foods you eat on a regular basis or foods that you could easily incorporate into your diet (e.g., I didn't see any meat, eggs, fish, milk, or chicken in your diet). If you're really unsure, then just list the foods in any order (and maybe give a description of the food -- I've never heard of chapattis).

Last edited by SecondsOut; 02-22-2013 at 11:03 AM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
So from my last post, you should have some rough idea of how calories can/should be divided. I'm not sure, but it sounds like you might not have read it? The next step that would enable more people to help you is if you create a list for us of your food sources:

Carbohydrate Sources
1. Food 1
2. Food 2
3. Food 3
4. etc.

Fat Sources
1. Food 1
2. etc.

Protein Sources
1. Food 1
2. etc.

Fill in this rough chart with the foods you eat on a regular basis or foods that you could easily incorporate into your diet (e.g., I didn't see any meat, eggs, fish, milk, or chicken in your diet). If you're really unsure, then just list the foods in any order (and maybe give a description of the food -- I've never heard of chapattis).
This and Second's previous post are great places to start. There are quite a few of us here that can help, depending on your goals. Start simple. Make a list, like suggested above, of the food you have available to eat. Log for the next few days anything and everything that goes into your mouth. Share with us height, weight and age and then we can go from there.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Eat a steak?

I don't want to confuse you, but here is what i currently do. I set a minimum protein and fat requirement for the day, make sure i hit that, and then whatever other calories i get, i get.

So something like
225g protein
120g fat
150g carbs

gets me to essentially 2600 calories. the rest is whatever i feel like eating more of to hit my goal of 3000 a day on this cut. One night recently, it was another 75g of carbs from some epic roast potatoes, where as last night i used the rest for extra beef with my tacos.

It doesn't have to be complicated, especially starting out. Switch up to something where you are getting good protein and fat and see how it goes for a couple weeks. Adjust from there.