Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
roundbus
New Brawn
Points: 273, Level: 5 Points: 273, Level: 5 Points: 273, Level: 5
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

roundbus has made some quality postsroundbus has made some quality postsroundbus has made some quality postsroundbus has made some quality postsroundbus has made some quality postsroundbus has made some quality postsroundbus has made some quality posts
Default Insomnia

Last night I had a bad case of insomnia. I have never really had issues with this but just could not fall asleep. Was up til 3 then even then had a very hard time falling asleep. What do you do for insomnia to help you sleep?
roundbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbus View Post
Last night I had a bad case of insomnia. I have never really had issues with this but just could not fall asleep. Was up til 3 then even then had a very hard time falling asleep. What do you do for insomnia to help you sleep?
Try improving your diet. Kill the junk carbs, and eat a nutritionally dense dinner with plenty of healthy fats.

Remove caffeine from your diet. That can help.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

i take prescription sleeping tablets if gets that bad,but like btb said improving your diet is a the better option and i don't drink any caffeine after 5pm.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: the one that doesn't hurt
Fav Supp: Milk
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

One night does not equal insomnia.

try to figure out why it happened but don't over react.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Limit/avoid caffeine in the afternoon. When I have trouble sleeping, I take this:
Snooze-In With Melatonin - Buy Snooze-In With Melatonin 100 Capsules at the Vitamin Shoppe This stuff works like a charm.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
waanabeef
New Brawn
Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

waanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good posts

Did you just lay there or get up and do something? A lot of times if I get up when I can not sleep, and read or watch a bit of tv, that makes me tired.
waanabeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
mudrunner
Brawn
Points: 1,240, Level: 19 Points: 1,240, Level: 19 Points: 1,240, Level: 19

mudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good postsmudrunner has made some good posts

Did you sleep in too late that morning? I know that that oftens happens to me on the weekends, I will sleep in a bit later and then that night I have issues with falling asleep.
mudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
evilinmotion
Evil Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 18 (13 powerlifting)
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: MHP
evilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributor

Any pre-workout supplements too late in the day? anything with melatonin like BigJosh mentioned will work...a shot of whisky works too, or 2...or 3...

Type 2 Diabetic / A1C: 12.9% @ 07 Aug 2013
evilinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #9
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

The occasional night of poor sleep is normal. If it goes on for months, see a doctor.

Things that keep me from sleeping well are

Caffeine - especially after about 2 PM
Alcohol
Worry
Deadlifts the next day - its like christmas morning!
Electronics screens
Noise outside
Noise inside
donkeys
Heavy doses of carbs
Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #10
waanabeef
New Brawn
Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8 Points: 435, Level: 8

waanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good postswaanabeef has made some very good posts

Worry keeps me up as well. But donkeys? Do you like close to them or something?
waanabeef is offline   Reply With Quote