Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Jesda
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Jesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good posts
Default Influenza A

This crap is really going around where I live. So far so good in my home and I hope it stays that way. Has anyone on here had it yet and if so how long did it last you to get over it?
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
elijah
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Red meat & diet Rockstar
elijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributor

Flu goes around every year, multiple times a year. Most get it for 3-5 days, there is the occasional 7 day. Children and seniors seem to have it the worst. Utah has had a big spike but I really don't see it as a big deal. You get sick, you rest and you get over it. No need to get crazy injections or go to emergency rooms and all this other crap. The flu has been going around for 100's of years.

Five reasons I'll never get a flu shot
Five Reasons Why I’ll Never Get a Flu*Shot by Daisy Luther
elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Last I recall having flu, at least I think it was flu, was in July 1990, it wasn't a great time and it lasted about 7 days, though it felt a whole lot longer Prior to that, I had flu in about 1977 or around then.

I don't have flu jabs and don't really concern myself with it, if I get it then I deal with it; as elijah has pointed out, it's been going around for centuries, it's not like it's some deathknell, at least not for most of us, the elderly, the young and the infirm will have more issues dealing with it, if their immune systems buckle under the load but even flu shots can't prevent flu. To my knowledge, they only select the most prevelant strain (?) when developing the flu shot each year and there's nothing to say someone won't pick up one of the other strains around.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
elijah
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Red meat & diet Rockstar
elijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributor

That's exactly right 5kg. Of the 300+ strains of influeza, they pick the 3 they feel will be most prevalent and put those in the vaccine. And the makers of the shots get lots of revenue from them.
elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
squatz1000
New Brawn
Points: 222, Level: 4 Points: 222, Level: 4 Points: 222, Level: 4

squatz1000 has made some quality postssquatz1000 has made some quality postssquatz1000 has made some quality postssquatz1000 has made some quality postssquatz1000 has made some quality postssquatz1000 has made some quality postssquatz1000 has made some quality posts

Have not had the crap yet and hoping to stay clear of it.
squatz1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
dumbell
New Brawn
Points: 224, Level: 4 Points: 224, Level: 4 Points: 224, Level: 4
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

dumbell has made some good postsdumbell has made some good postsdumbell has made some good postsdumbell has made some good postsdumbell has made some good postsdumbell has made some good postsdumbell has made some good postsdumbell has made some good postsdumbell has made some good postsdumbell has made some good posts

We had it go through our home already. Not really too much fun. Lots of rest is about all you can do.
dumbell is offline   Reply With Quote