Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
WilldBill88
King of The Cowboys
Max Brawn
Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 2 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
WilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beast
Default Is Whey Protein Necessary?

Came across this video, was wondering what the community thought?

WilldBill88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

i cant hear what he is saying but i don't think whey is necessary but it is useful to have
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Necessary, No. Whole lot of helpful, hell yes! I cant imagine the amount of cleanish food that I would have to consume to get the protein count that I shoot for.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
begota
Brawn
Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

YoElliot has been doing videos for a long time now, and I have never heard him push a product, or routine. I have never heard him say anything that I would disagree with. He always seems to speak from his experience, and stands for good form, putting in the work ect. With that said I feel he was a little on his soap box, but the message is there.

Long ago before supps were readily available, people had to eat to meet their nutrition needs. Nothing wrong with telling sombody to eat whole foods and not worry about the supplement market.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
gaspers04
Max Brawn

gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by begota View Post
YoElliot has been doing videos for a long time now, and I have never heard him push a product, or routine. I have never heard him say anything that I would disagree with. He always seems to speak from his experience, and stands for good form, putting in the work ect. With that said I feel he was a little on his soap box, but the message is there.

Long ago before supps were readily available, people had to eat to meet their nutrition needs. Nothing wrong with telling sombody to eat whole foods and not worry about the supplement market.
But with that being said and true, there have been a lot of advancements in nutritional supplementation that do allow you to go beyond certain limitations. Some supps are truly beneficial/helpful to advancing.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
gaspers04
Max Brawn

To quote a personal friend of mine "If it only helps me 1% Im all for it, its progression..".

Supplements
Old 12-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
begota
Brawn

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
But with that being said and true, there have been a lot of advancements in nutritional supplementation that do allow you to go beyond certain limitations. Some supps are truly beneficial/helpful to advancing.
I agree. I use supps as well. It also helps me maintain my lifestyle. I think you said it best. "I cant imagine the amount of cleanish food that I would have to consume to get the protein count that I shoot for".
Old 12-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
begota
Brawn

I do like how he made an exception for creatine.. Kids in highschool use to run around drinking protein shakes 'cause they thought that would make them "YOKED"
Old 12-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
gaspers04
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by begota View Post
I do like how he made an exception for creatine.. Kids in highschool use to run around drinking protein shakes 'cause they thought that would make them "YOKED"
Bawhaha! Well if that is all it takes.....

Supplements
Old 12-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Very few things are necessary. Many of them are useful.

A car isn't necessary to get across the country, but it sure is useful.

If someone can eat and hit their goals without whey or protein supplements, have at it. I've been doing this for over 25 years and I don't want to scarf down chicken breasts and tuna every 3 hours. It doesn't matter how you get your protein, just get it.

Regarding Elliot and selling stuff, he works hand in hand with Mike Westerdal of Critical Bench on numerous programs. He is all about selling these programs. The videos are merely soft sells to get you to their sites. Once there you pay a fee for his Inner Circle and various E-books.

They are decent materials, so I am not hating on Elliot. Just wanted to step in and share that Elliot is definitely out to sell you many things.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-02-2012 at 04:15 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote