Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
tomgurl
New Brawn
Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

tomgurl is off to a good starttomgurl is off to a good starttomgurl is off to a good start
Default Tired

I have not been on here for a while, but truth be told I am so tired that I just want to sleep all the time. I had a bad spell of depression and was prescribed Prozac. I have been taking it faithfully for almost 3 months now, 20mg a day. Trouble is I just feel like a zombie now. Mood has improved but I just want to sleep all day long. Do you think that this is a side effect of the drug? I am going to make an apt. with my doc but is there a smaller dose do you think that I can take?
tomgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgurl View Post
I have not been on here for a while, but truth be told I am so tired that I just want to sleep all the time. I had a bad spell of depression and was prescribed Prozac. I have been taking it faithfully for almost 3 months now, 20mg a day. Trouble is I just feel like a zombie now. Mood has improved but I just want to sleep all day long. Do you think that this is a side effect of the drug? I am going to make an apt. with my doc but is there a smaller dose do you think that I can take?
20mg of Prozac daily for 3 months; that's more than likely the cause of your tiredness.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Trent
Brawn
Points: 1,353, Level: 20 Points: 1,353, Level: 20 Points: 1,353, Level: 20
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Trent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality posts

I would suggest calling your doc and seeing if you can get a lower dose. I would think that they could do that for you.
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
Jesda
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Jesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good posts

I would guess this has a lot to do with it. I know that several antidepressants can make you feel tired or out of it.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
aesthetica
New Brawn
Points: 828, Level: 15 Points: 828, Level: 15 Points: 828, Level: 15

aesthetica has made some good postsaesthetica has made some good postsaesthetica has made some good postsaesthetica has made some good postsaesthetica has made some good postsaesthetica has made some good postsaesthetica has made some good postsaesthetica has made some good postsaesthetica has made some good postsaesthetica has made some good postsaesthetica has made some good posts

I would think that you could cut your dose down. Surely there are 10mg tabs to take. Or if not, could you cut them in half with a pill cutter. I am not familiar with the pills but I know that before when the pharmacy was out of my Rx for my dose, they cut my pills in half for a larger dose.
aesthetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
susieQ
Brawn
Points: 1,264, Level: 19 Points: 1,264, Level: 19 Points: 1,264, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

susieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributorsusieQ is a consistent contributor

I agree with aesthetica on this. Surely there is a smaller dose you can take. It would be a hard decision to make if you want to be happy or not be tired all the time. Talk to your doctor and I am sure that there is something you can do.
susieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
Frank222
Banned
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Frank222 is off to a bad start

I think almost every drug for depression will make you to sleep more and more. Sleep is considered the best way to provide calmness to your mind and body and the same formula is followed in drug treatment. Its depends upon you, because you have to take some serious action to change your lifestyle although you are taking some drug.
Frank222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
skinnyBo
New Brawn
Points: 387, Level: 7 Points: 387, Level: 7 Points: 387, Level: 7

skinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good postsskinnyBo has made some good posts

It is crazy that something that is suppose to make you feel better makes you feel so tired. It is like you are dammed if you take the pills and dammed if you don't. I would ask your doctor though what you can do.
skinnyBo is offline   Reply With Quote