Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   5 hour energy (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11284)

henryh 10-04-2012 07:23 PM

5 hour energy

Lately I have been so tired that I have considered taking 5 hour energy for an instant boost. Has anyone taken this? I had a few bottles in my hand to buy but did not want to waste my money if it was like drinking a cup of coffee.

ricka182 10-04-2012 07:55 PM

It's like a cup of coffee that hits fast at first, then wears off a bit more slowly then coffee. No crash or jitters. Not a bad product, but the caffeine gets into your bloodstrem faster, so sometimes you might have a tendency to want to pinch a loaf shortly after taking it.

WilldBill88 10-05-2012 01:07 PM

I drink them before my workouts. Like ricka182 says, Its like a cup of coffee but, I personally think it works better, atleast for me. Though, sometimes I feel like it didnt do much but most of the time it works pretty good. I'd say its atleast worth trying.

Chillen 10-05-2012 02:03 PM

The best thing for energy is this:

1. Well constructed diet, 2. Surrounded with proper fitness exercise and rest, 3. Continually feeding your brain the personally-proper input that motivates you to do 1 and 2.

The circumference of these 3 are powerful, BABY! ;) Get fired up! Stand and deliver, rattle your floor and do much more! :)

ROCK ON! He, he. :)

I do drink coffee, but that is about it when it comes to supplements or type of energy or fitness aides.

Chillen

tonpaulerc 10-05-2012 07:20 PM

I have only tried this a few times. I must say that it did not work that well for me. I did not care for the taste at all either.

brian19 10-06-2012 09:35 AM

I have used it when I need the energy for exams and staying up late. I do think that it works and it is rather fast.

beastmode 10-07-2012 03:31 PM

I have taken it more than I should. I used to rely on the stuff a lot. I have slowly weened myself off it. I felt I needed it but I know that I really do not need it. I used to get very little sleep and it did give me the energy that I needed. Since I switched jobs, I get more sleep now and do not really need it.

angie828 10-07-2012 04:41 PM

I have never used them. I guess if I want a fix of some caffeine I reach for the coffee or a Dew. Never thought that they would really work either but I may have to try them out sometime.

dossas 10-11-2012 03:19 PM

I use it any time I need a pick-me-up. I guess it would also depend on your tolerence to caffiene, taurine, and the other things they put it it. A lot of people are perfectly fine with energy drinks, while others are not. Just stay away from the ones loaded with sugar. Try one bottle and see how you react. One thing I've noticed, though, is taking it in the evening/night. Stimulants can affect your sleep pattern.

meathammer 10-14-2012 01:49 PM

I have used it and it does work for me. It gives me the instant energy that I need and does not wear off right away or make me feel let down.