Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pain in Joints and muscles (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11197)

sabbath 09-24-2012 06:35 PM

Pain in Joints and muscles

lately I have had severe pain in my joints and muscles. I have been to the doctor and they find nothing wrong. But it hurts really bad. And it is all my joints, sort of like arthritis. Doc said could possible be fibromyalgia. Anyone on here encounter this and if so what can I do or take to help me out? I want to start working out again but I am in too much pain.

ricka182 09-24-2012 07:39 PM

I certainly hope it's not Fibro.. I know a couple of people who have it and they are always in pain. I would suggest going back to the Doctor and asking for more tests. If they can't do it, get a referral or a better Doctor.

shepowerhelen 09-25-2012 01:31 PM

I would ask for a second opinion. I think that if they think it is fibro or not sure, they would do the test to see and make sure. You can not live in pain like that.

relix 09-27-2012 01:58 PM

Fibro is very painful. I have a friend who has an aunt that has it and she is pretty miserable. I would go to another doc and get more test ran.

bruteforce 09-27-2012 04:11 PM

Have them check for auto-immune markers. What you are describing is exactly the symptoms I had for Hennoch Schonlein Purpura. Spelling aside, its unpleasant, but can be treated effectively. The immune system eats holes in your blood vessels, causing lack of blood flow to muscles, joints, organs. This in turn is very painful. A course of cortico-steroids can fix it up.

angie828 09-27-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruteforce (Post 280308)
Have them check for auto-immune markers. What you are describing is exactly the symptoms I had for Hennoch Schonlein Purpura. Spelling aside, its unpleasant, but can be treated effectively. The immune system eats holes in your blood vessels, causing lack of blood flow to muscles, joints, organs. This in turn is very painful. A course of cortico-steroids can fix it up.

Never heard of this before. How did they determine that you had it?

bruteforce 09-27-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie828 (Post 280380)
Never heard of this before. How did they determine that you had it?

Doctor looked up the symptoms online actually. This was 15 years ago, so that was more revolutionary back then. After looking up the symptoms though, they ran some blood tests that confirmed that there was an auto-immune response, though I don't remember which tests they ran anymore.

mussex 10-04-2012 03:21 PM

I would have them run more test. I certainly hope it is not fibro. I know how painful that can be. We had our science teacher in high school who had it and he was in constant pain all the time.

bruteforce 10-04-2012 03:48 PM

So what was it? I NEED TO KNOW