Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:03 AM   #11
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Train 3 times a week. In between sets brainstorm ideas for your ebook and your website. Don't rush the E book, you want it to be quality stuff.

Set aside 2 days to just study, or study a little each day.Maybe incorporate what your studying in your website and make a cliff notes version of it?

Gear your website to a specific target demographic of client you want to draw in.

Perhaps find a partner or a group of people to help you run your website,take some of the pressure off you.

Are you doing a full meet or bench only?
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #12
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

you can train hard twice a week and make progress. just split it to make sure you aren't neglecting too many things and keep compound movements in mind. You are a middle weight, in powerlifting that is, and GPP shouldn't be a factor, so extra workouts shouldn't be necessary
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #13
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

I'll throw in my 2cents here, but if you only have 2 days, maybe your buddy will understand that you have to do more than bench, also you could just do a basic program that focuses solely on the compounds
User owns 1x Super Squats
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
AthleteCreator
Trollin'
Uber Brawn
Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16

AthleteCreator is new to the forumAthleteCreator is new to the forum

Well, I've been ignoring this thread since we're such a small group and I thought it was obvious but....

Training for my next powerlifting is my #1 priority right now. I train 4 days/week and work on my site/business/study whenever I feel like it.

It's not the greatest, but at least I'm focused on the #1 thing.

There is nothing "smart" about a 3rd attempt deadlift.
AthleteCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #15
AthleteCreator
Trollin'
Uber Brawn

Mutha Fucka....

I am seriously doubting my dedication to go through with the competition. Not cuz I'm scared of the competition, that part I crave, but I have had very little to no ambition to train these past two weeks.

I finished half my workout last night and said fuck it. My mind just wasn't in it and therefore my lifts weren't effective. It's pointless to fight through a workout if you'd rather be doing something else.

How do I get myself back on track??

Old 12-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthleteCreator View Post
Mutha Fucka....

I am seriously doubting my dedication to go through with the competition. Not cuz I'm scared of the competition, that part I crave, but I have had very little to no ambition to train these past two weeks.

I finished half my workout last night and said fuck it. My mind just wasn't in it and therefore my lifts weren't effective. It's pointless to fight through a workout if you'd rather be doing something else.

How do I get myself back on track??
I've tried to force myself into a powerlifting style workout that I hated. Do some powerbuilding hombre....train how you like, but live for weight on the bar.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #17
AthleteCreator
Trollin'
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I've tried to force myself into a powerlifting style workout that I hated. Do some powerbuilding hombre....train how you like, but live for weight on the bar.
That's kind of a thing though. I absolutely love my powerlifting routine. I love hitting heavy singles and doubles twice a week and doing speed/dynamic/rep shit the other sessions.

I just have no ambition to be in the gym.

I haven't officially signed up and sent in the money yet. It would be very easy to back out and wipe my hands. The only problem is, I've told a lot of people I'm doing this and if I back out, I'd feel like I'm letting them down. Not only that, but competing gives me quite a bit of street cred while I'm trying to break into the industry. Both with existing trainers/coaches/athletes and any future potential clients.

Just sucks.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Sometimes it is work. Maybe you just need to look at it as a job...until your motivation comes back.

My wife complains a lot that her back workouts are boring. I tell her that I'd rather be eating nacho cheese then tugging weight.

All I can really tell you is just do it. Maybe you need me to send security over and persuade you a bit?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #19
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Sometimes it is work. Maybe you just need to look at it as a job...until your motivation comes back.

My wife complains a lot that her back workouts are boring. I tell her that I'd rather be eating nacho cheese then tugging weight.

All I can really tell you is just do it. Maybe you need me to send security over and persuade you a bit?

Eh i could use some security..

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote