Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #21
MattB
Brawn
Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

MattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributor

Creatine will help hold water intracellular or within the muscle which is what we would want to help deliver nutrients etc. I used creatine up to and including some the day of my show. I was holding no water whatso ever. Plenty of other natural bodybuilders do this as well. I stopped all supplements for about a week or two after my show and didnt lose any weight from not using creatine anymore. Was you diet changed,fluids reduced,weigh at a different time? Their are so many different things that can cause a change in weight.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #22
AthleteCreator
Trollin'
Uber Brawn
Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

AthleteCreator is new to the forumAthleteCreator is new to the forum

For the most part all things remained consistent except my usage of creatine.

And like I said, it has happened like clockwork everytime.

That being said, I've heard of BB's taking it right up to the show too. Hmmmm.....now I'm confused.

There is nothing "smart" about a 3rd attempt deadlift.
AthleteCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #23
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

I agree. I believe some people hold more water than others

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthleteCreator View Post
I would like to see some supporting evidence on this one.

I've used several different creatine brands/variations over the years and every single time with every single brand, I have retained 5lb. of water weight.

How do I judge this? Well, as soon as I'm done with a loading phase, I'm magically 5lb. heavier. When I decide to cycle off for a little bit, I magically lose 5lb.
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #24
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

It is possible that a spiked creatine intake causes the body to retain water to process it. This retained water might not be in the muscle tissue, and could be separate from water retained in the muscle from creatine (the desired effect).

Just thinking out loud...any thoughts?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #25
MattB
Brawn
Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

MattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributor

AthleteCreator- Honestly bro 5lbs is nothing. In my post I said a "ton". My quote was directed towards people that use creatine as an excuse to get sloppy with the diet, put on fat, and then think it will magically disappear when they stop taking it. But as said I lost nothing or very little when I have stopped using it for brief periods as well as people I have helped.

Muscleandbrawn-From everything my professors have told me your body can only hold so much. I know 3-5g is what is reccommeded. I would think if it was not retained in the muscle your body would try and flush it out since you wouldnt be using it. I'm also not aware of how much water creatine would actually pull into the muscle? I know carbohydrates is 2.7g of water with every gram of carb. Now if we are talking that high of a ratio then I could definetly see a gain/loss from consumption. Just my thought on it.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #26
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post

Muscleandbrawn-From everything my professors have told me your body can only hold so much. I know 3-5g is what is reccommeded. I would think if it was not retained in the muscle your body would try and flush it out since you wouldnt be using it. I'm also not aware of how much water creatine would actually pull into the muscle? I know carbohydrates is 2.7g of water with every gram of carb. Now if we are talking that high of a ratio then I could definetly see a gain/loss from consumption. Just my thought on it.
What I'm talking about is the body reacting to a change in diet and bringing in water to handle the extra digestive load. Like when you have a brutal diet diet, and your body holds water to handle to processing, and the next few days you're back on the wagon and flushing out a ton of water.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #27
Fcat611
Brawn
Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Fcat611 is off to a bad start

Im still not sure I need to squat. i mean come on so many pros do heavy leg presses and front squats like Ronnie Coleman and lunges and leg extensions and all that that I think your legs can get massive from doing all that. Its not that I dont want to squat its just that why do it uif you can lay on your back and work your quads more does that make sence?
Fcat611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #28
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

[QUOTE=Fcat611
Im still not sure I need to squat.

You do, just trust me on this.

i mean come on so many pros do heavy leg presses and front squats like Ronnie Coleman and lunges and leg extensions and all that that I think your legs can get massive from doing all that.

I'm going to just ignore that you even wrote this. Screw Ronie Coleman! Dudes on so much gear, that what he does has no meaning to what you should be doing.

Its not that I dont want to squat.

Then just squat!

its just that why do it uif you can lay on your back and work your quads more does that make sence?

I can think of a few other jobs, where all do is lay on your back.

Squats, they do a body good!

I'm outa here to workout!! YEA!!!
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #29
thumpinos
Uber Brawn
Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40

thumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcat611 View Post
Im still not sure I need to squat. i mean come on so many pros do heavy leg presses and front squats like Ronnie Coleman and lunges and leg extensions and all that that I think your legs can get massive from doing all that. Its not that I dont want to squat its just that why do it uif you can lay on your back and work your quads more does that make sence?
Yo home slice. Coleman's on so much shit that you could eat his shit and grow.

Just f**king squat. Unless you're rolling around in a wheel chair, get your back under the bar.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #30
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

you said it. Front Squats.. Coleman squats. leg extensions are terrible for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcat611 View Post
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote