Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #11
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

i skip rope as a warm up before weights and i do bagwork and skipping for cadio
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
mikethemighty
Brawn
Points: 695, Level: 13 Points: 695, Level: 13 Points: 695, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

mikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality postsmikethemighty has made some quality posts

This sounds like a fun way to work out. I do not even think that it would feel like you were working out yet I bet you reap the benefits of it.
mikethemighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #13
FIREdawg
New Brawn
Points: 166, Level: 3 Points: 166, Level: 3 Points: 166, Level: 3
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Supp: Food
FIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Whatever gets results. That's what this forum is about.
Yeah ... about the results. Well, I haven't gained weight nor have I lost all that much either. I'm at a stalemate.

While physically I can tell a difference, muscles are more tone and dense while not necessarily bigger. Endurnace has been getting better as well.

I have problems sticking to a diet. Somedays it's all I can do to get any food whatsoever due to being on shift (has this week been pizza). While I usually try for a healthier option, it is terribily difficult to achieve when on duty. Just have to try harder and resist the easy, allbeit delicous option.
FIREdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #14
FIREdawg
New Brawn

FIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good postsFIREdawg has made some good posts

Speaking of jumping rope, my workout yesterday was ...

( 25 Box jumps, 50 jump ropes, 25 jumping squats with 45# BB, 25 burpee) x2

I started out trying to do Double Unders with the jump rope, but this has been the first time I've jumped rope since grade school. My coworkers were more than amused at the sight.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREdawg View Post
Yeah ... about the results. Well, I haven't gained weight nor have I lost all that much either. I'm at a stalemate.
What are your long term goals?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #16
FIREdawg
New Brawn

Long term ... well, cut weight 50 lbs going from 212 to 162. Going from 30% BF to half that, so 15% ish. Last time I saw the company Doc for my physical, he advised 160's would benefit me greatly.

While I've been out of the PT game for a while, I wanted to ease into it. I'm starting on week 4 and guess it's time bump it up a notch. I've been doing Tabata and Crossfit like programs for past 4 weeks. My next step was to continue with those and begin a weight lifting program. Just haven't figured out the schedule or routine yet.

While physical training is only half the equation, I know the importance of diet in combination with exercise. Still working on the diet ... Its hard when there's peanut butter cookies on the countertop, and they are having bacon cheese burgers for dinner. (note I will be having turkey cutlet, brown rice and veggies tonight).
Old 08-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
My next step was to continue with those and begin a weight lifting program. Just haven't figured out the schedule or routine yet.

Looking to add any muscle, or simply improve fitness and conditioning?

Old 08-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #18
FIREdawg
New Brawn

Both actually! My main focus was primarily adding some muscle.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Both actually! My main focus was primarily adding some muscle.
Not sure of your experience level with squats and deadlifts, but if you do feel comfortable with them this, program, or programs similar to this are solid choices:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/wor...y-workout.html

Old 08-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #20
babboon
New Brawn
Points: 807, Level: 15 Points: 807, Level: 15 Points: 807, Level: 15
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

babboon has made some quality postsbabboon has made some quality postsbabboon has made some quality postsbabboon has made some quality postsbabboon has made some quality postsbabboon has made some quality posts

Looks intense but fun. Keep posting them.
babboon is offline   Reply With Quote