Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine
Default Sled dragging technique...

Got a quick question about sled pulling. I just pulled 90 lb for 300 yd total.

Are you supposed to keep your feet flat or stay up on your toes. I did it both ways and could feel a significant difference in activation going on....

For what its worth, I got a lot more drive up on my toes, but i'm quad domnant so that makes sense.... on my toes I felt like i was pushing forward, and flat on my feet felt more like i was pulling it forward.
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Depends what muscles you want to work. When I pull I prefer heavier, slower, shorter and flat footed pulls.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Ya, depends on what you want out of it. My main pulls are to activate the hams and hips, so I take long strides and walk heel-to-toe. But I also like to mix it up a lot and pull heavy on my toes, backwards, etc.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Disciple X
Max Brawn

Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

Thanks for the replies guys... pretty much in line with what I was thinking....
Old 07-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Sled pulling is fun, good luck with it.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
Disciple X
Max Brawn

If fun is sucking air after 10-15 minutes out there, then I agree. Lol.

I really like it man. Hopfully I can keep at it long enoug for it to become part of my routine.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
mr_bigmuscles
Max Brawn
Points: 3,064, Level: 34 Points: 3,064, Level: 34 Points: 3,064, Level: 34
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: about a year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: meat
mr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributor

Up on toes to go as fast as possible; flat footed to pull heavier & slower. I also turn it around and pull while walking backwards, that really hammers my quads

Log
mr_bigmuscles is offline   Reply With Quote