Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
titus_teen
Brawn
Points: 739, Level: 14 Points: 739, Level: 14 Points: 739, Level: 14
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

titus_teen is off to a good starttitus_teen is off to a good starttitus_teen is off to a good start
Default Acne

With me sweating a lot, I have noticed I am getting acne and bacne. It is really gross and I just wondered if anyone else here is having trouble with it? Not sure if it is just because I am a teen or if it is normal for bodybuilders to have this? What are some good products to deter this?
titus_teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

I had acne growing up. still do a little bit, but now its just here and there...
I used proactive with good results but i didnt like having to use 4 or 5 different lotions/ creams... If you're willing to go through the hassle, it worked pretty good for me.
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Increases in testosterone levels can increase the outbreaks of acne.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

OP, you're pretty young right? I had bad acne from about age 14-22 when it finally started to clear up. Good hygiene helps, but its its REALLY bad, talk to a dermatologist.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I got some stress related acne a few years back, and it comes and goes periodically. If you go to the Doc there are some creams which are very safe you can use.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

take 2 showers a day and use a back scrubber. vitamin b12 is supposed to help as well. but its part of the territory. im 30+ and i still get the occasional zit or two randomly.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

If it's persistent and you've already got good skin hygiene, antibiotics can do wonders.

As Brute says, a dermatologist can advise you. I'd add a regular physician to that .Seems to me that many people suffer unnecessarily for years with acne before seeing a professional about it.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
_J_
Chalk Rebel
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35 Points: 3,253, Level: 35

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine_J_ is a lifting machine

I'm 35 and I've never had really good skin. I still get acne once in a while, but here are some bases to cover.

1. Since you're a teen, you're probably gonna have some skin issues no matter what you do. It'll get better a few years from now. Try to fix it in the meantime anyway.

2. Be sure to shower after your workout, running, sweating. This sounds simple, but a ton of guys at my gym workout and then change back into their work/school cloths and leave. I don't know how they do it.

3. When you shower post workout, don't just use the soap the gym provides. Too often, it's basically a handsoap or something similar. So, get a good soap. Neutrogena soap for acne-prone skin has given me a noticeably better result.

4. When you use anti-acne skin products (benzoil peroxide and the like), start off with a 2.5% or 5% if you can find it. Follow the directions on the label--don't put it on 3 or 4 times per day b/c it'll only dry your skin out, possibly making things worse.
_J_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
take 2 showers a day and use a back scrubber. vitamin b12 is supposed to help as well. but its part of the territory. im 30+ and i still get the occasional zit or two randomly.
+1

And change your bed sheets often, esp. if you sleep shirtless or nude. Those things can collect dirt from your body night after night.

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
+1

And change your bed sheets often, esp. if you sleep shirtless or nude. Those things can collect dirt from your body night after night.
I have to take an antibiotic for mine. I also have a skin issue in which the hair comes in ingrown. It sucks!

T-Bone that is great advice, and somethign I have never thought of!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote