Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #11
elijah
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Red meat & diet Rockstar
elijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributor

Start LOW Carb now. Get informed and start ASAP.
elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah View Post
Start LOW Carb now. Get informed and start ASAP.
low carb isnt necessarily the best idea. you dont know his body or how it reacts to carbs, or fats. its easy to jsut throw out the general current concensus, but some people do react better to different carbs, not just lower carbs.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #13
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I think you are just looking for an excuse as to why you are fat.

you arent even providing any details as to what you have tried, food logs, exercise regime, etc.....just a few short sentences, hoping for some magical answer......you arent even putting in enough effort here, so chances are you just arent trying hard enough.
'Shoot first and ask questions later'. Works well in Westerns, but not so sure it's helpful on a forum with an ethos like MAB.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

I've had a great experience with the low carb lifestyle. Its not for everyone, but it could be worth a try. If you have questions about food choice, meal plans, etc for low carbing, let me know, and I'll help where I can.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
'Shoot first and ask questions later'. Works well in Westerns, but not so sure it's helpful on a forum with an ethos like MAB.
True...and maybe i should have given a little context to my post:

i've been fat most of my life. The last 5 years or so I have "tried" to lose weight and nothing worked. I thought it was genetic and nothing could be done. I did the same things he did: asked the same questions and got the same answers.

The past 6 months, I tried harder and am seeing results.

The difference? I look back on the past and realized I never gave an honest effort. A slice of pizza here won't hurt, some ice cream won't hurt. I could eat a little more and i'll just work it off.

The bottom line is that he likely never really tried as hard as he thinks he did. I know i didn't.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #16
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
True...and maybe i should have given a little context to my post:

i've been fat most of my life. The last 5 years or so I have "tried" to lose weight and nothing worked. I thought it was genetic and nothing could be done. I did the same things he did: asked the same questions and got the same answers.

The past 6 months, I tried harder and am seeing results.

The difference? I look back on the past and realized I never gave an honest effort. A slice of pizza here won't hurt, some ice cream won't hurt. I could eat a little more and i'll just work it off.

The bottom line is that he likely never really tried as hard as he thinks he did. I know i didn't.
Fair enough. And good for you for your results. I guess I'm saying that 'just try harder' may have been your solution, and it might even be most people's solution, but without knowing more about the OP, it may not be his solution.

So we need some more info from the OP before we get the pitchforks out.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #17
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Fair enough. And good for you for your results. I guess I'm saying that 'just try harder' may have been your solution, and it might even be most people's solution, but without knowing more about the OP, it may not be his solution.

So we need some more info from the OP before we get the pitchforks out.
He was asked several times to give more details but provided little info, so i grabbed my pitchfork and torch.

We dont know what his carb sensitivity is, but i am willing to bet it is average.

To the original poster, if you truly want a diet to strip fat without much thinking or dreaded cardio, look up carbnite. no counting calories or macros...just avoid carbs like the plague....keep fats high.

essentially it is ultra low carb, high protein/fat with one day a week where you can go nuts on doughnuts, pizza, ice cream etc.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #18
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
He was asked several times to give more details but provided little info, so i grabbed my pitchfork and torch.
Haha...Been there, done that.
Sometimes that's all we can do.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

I think before you worry about the whole diet thing, what are your workouts? how much physical activity are you doing?

do you go in and just do a bodybuilding type workout, and body splits? if that's the case, you need to change that up quite a bit.

I don't think you should try any diet whatsoever right now. What you need to do is change behaviors and ask yourself these questions.

Do you drink soda?
Do you eat fast foods?
Do you only eat two or three large meals during the day?
Do you drink 10 glasses of water a day?

and i'm just getting started brother. 5'9" and 290lb means that you need to change lifestyle behaviors before you start worrying about low fat or carb diets.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote