Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Trent
Brawn
Points: 1,353, Level: 20 Points: 1,353, Level: 20 Points: 1,353, Level: 20
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Trent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality posts
Default Best time for you to exercise

There is no right or wrong time to exercise, whenever you can fit it in. But when do you find it to be the best time for you to exercise or lift? I have been able to do it whenever but I find that I am more alert in the mornings. Why I am not sure. But I think that it gives me energy for the rest of the day.
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Afternoons are best for me. I could not workout in the morning because it takes me half a day and two pots of coffee to wake up. I could not do evenings because if I workout too late it will keep me awake. So, afternoons work perfectly.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

They say there is no right or wrong time to exercise but I've also come across information that suggests lifting really heavy first thing, within a couple of hours of getting out of bed, may not be great for the spine, due to the spinal discs taking on fluid overnight and re-expanding...I can't recall the exact "complication" this can cause but it makes for a less stable disc set-up early on in the day where heavy weights are concerned. Having said that though, many people work and did work heavy manual labour jobs and need to lift early on, so it's also best to take the info with a pinch of salt.

I've worked out at: 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm and the latest at 11pm

Generally, I find that as long as I've had the right amount to eat and drink, the workout is always okay.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

afternoons or evening. my rusty old joints dont function well in the morning, actually neither does my brain. i am the opposite of a morning person, by a lot.
I do my cardio in the A.M. tho.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I tell people just starting out that the best time to exercise is the time of day they generally have the most energy.

I lift before dinner, as it motivates me to focus so I can eat!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

I've literally trained at every time you can imagine. I find that I have the best days when I train soon after breakfast (whenever that might be for me, due to changing schedules).

I'll usually still allow for around 2 hours after waking up before I get into the gym, but I've trained earlier than that as well.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
jackson
New Brawn
Points: 176, Level: 3 Points: 176, Level: 3 Points: 176, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

jackson is off to a bad start

Morning time is best for me. I usually will lift before school starts. I have practice after school.
jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
ffemtny
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

ffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributor

My schedule is all over the place so I just work out when I can fit it in. Often times this conflicts with what my body actually wants to do but sometimes just grinding out a mediocre workout is better physically and mentally than skipping a workout and feeling guilty. And more importantly its still a workout.
ffemtny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:55 AM   #9
Carvar
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Carvar has made some quality postsCarvar has made some quality postsCarvar has made some quality postsCarvar has made some quality postsCarvar has made some quality postsCarvar has made some quality posts

Hi Trent,
Agree with you that there is no right and wrong time for exercise but it depends on your schedule also. As for me I hardly get time in the evening for workout so do exercise early morning. Doing exercise regularly keeps me active and healthy and prevent from major health disease.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:32 AM   #10
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

i have to lift when ever my missus go's out so i can take the living room over for a hour and turn it in to a gym with all my gear.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote