Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best time for you to exercise (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10181)

Trent 06-05-2012 02:21 PM

Best time for you to exercise

There is no right or wrong time to exercise, whenever you can fit it in. But when do you find it to be the best time for you to exercise or lift? I have been able to do it whenever but I find that I am more alert in the mornings. Why I am not sure. But I think that it gives me energy for the rest of the day.

Off Road 06-05-2012 02:31 PM

Afternoons are best for me. I could not workout in the morning because it takes me half a day and two pots of coffee to wake up. I could not do evenings because if I workout too late it will keep me awake. So, afternoons work perfectly.

5kgLifter 06-05-2012 02:42 PM

They say there is no right or wrong time to exercise but I've also come across information that suggests lifting really heavy first thing, within a couple of hours of getting out of bed, may not be great for the spine, due to the spinal discs taking on fluid overnight and re-expanding...I can't recall the exact "complication" this can cause but it makes for a less stable disc set-up early on in the day where heavy weights are concerned. Having said that though, many people work and did work heavy manual labour jobs and need to lift early on, so it's also best to take the info with a pinch of salt.

I've worked out at: 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm and the latest at 11pm

Generally, I find that as long as I've had the right amount to eat and drink, the workout is always okay.

TitanCT 06-05-2012 03:27 PM

afternoons or evening. my rusty old joints dont function well in the morning, actually neither does my brain. i am the opposite of a morning person, by a lot.
I do my cardio in the A.M. tho.

BendtheBar 06-05-2012 05:55 PM

I tell people just starting out that the best time to exercise is the time of day they generally have the most energy.

I lift before dinner, as it motivates me to focus so I can eat!

IronManlet 06-05-2012 06:02 PM

I've literally trained at every time you can imagine. I find that I have the best days when I train soon after breakfast (whenever that might be for me, due to changing schedules).

I'll usually still allow for around 2 hours after waking up before I get into the gym, but I've trained earlier than that as well.

jackson 06-05-2012 06:09 PM

Morning time is best for me. I usually will lift before school starts. I have practice after school.

ffemtny 06-05-2012 08:50 PM

My schedule is all over the place so I just work out when I can fit it in. Often times this conflicts with what my body actually wants to do but sometimes just grinding out a mediocre workout is better physically and mentally than skipping a workout and feeling guilty. And more importantly its still a workout.

Carvar 07-02-2012 03:55 AM

Hi Trent,
Agree with you that there is no right and wrong time for exercise but it depends on your schedule also. As for me I hardly get time in the evening for workout so do exercise early morning. Doing exercise regularly keeps me active and healthy and prevent from major health disease.

leefarley 07-02-2012 04:32 AM

i have to lift when ever my missus go's out so i can take the living room over for a hour and turn it in to a gym with all my gear.